Got my wheels..

moparagogo

Reaction score
Still have to mount the caps, thinking the white walls are a bit wide... also dancing Jesus on the dash!

20190726_164557.jpg

20190724_195814.jpg

20190727_104258.jpg

20190726_203827.jpg

20190726_155218.jpg

I am usually a big proponent of OEM looks, but in this case, it works IMHO -- maybe because of the big white horizontal trim piece.

Last edited:
1964 Mercury Monterey grille assy? How hard was that to make work?

Car looks good.

CBODY67

Nice custom work on the grille. Car has a cool look to it.

Very nice I didn't even notice the grill the first time, I was just looking at the wheels. Nice vision, 90% of the time guys can't pull of the custom work.

if its still drum brakes , that jesus will be handy !

I haven't done a disc conversion yet.
Drove my 68 sport fury as my main transportation daily for almost 10 years.
Many, many trips between Pittsburgh and Harrisburg..
A little pedal fade is common. And lots on long steep hills .. but i don't drive modern stuff.. i down shift, leave room between me and cars ahead of me.
I maintain my cars. No problems as of yet..
This is just one of a few classics i have currently... none of which have disc brakes..
Even drove my 67 polara wagon for a couple years witha bad booster.. talk about a hard one to stop...

my driver is a 64 d100 hotrod , brakes are an issue here to . 'orangey , runs great' . can't say the same about stopping . i just started peeling a 72 fury for its disc package for my 67 300 rag . grabbed everything , even the rear brake line .

DSC00898.JPG

DSC07848.JPG

I never had brake problems really,
Aside from the bad booster.
Change all lines , hoses and rebuild or change master and wheel cyls..
Make sure you have the brakes adjusted and the leading shoe on the proper side.
Always use the self adjuster cables they help keep the brakes from backing off...
My monaco stops like a champ. My girls 66 fury will put you through the windshield..

find a nice one , there few and far between , but worth it . my orangey was a starter p/u . now she hotrodded out , the cab n doors are very sad . so this new go go green 61 d200 lite dury with replace the body n chassi . its only got 71k on it . all my hotrodding unbolts , so its just a transfer , and add the next level parts hanging in the wings . oh ya my latest purchase . d300 truck roll back , and 61 d200
DSC01148.JPG

I was looking for one of those 'square' Dodges when I was in the market for a pickup. Very hard to find, either there weren't any, or they were way overpriced for the condition they were in. Finally settled for a beautifully maintained 2205 Ram 1500. And I love it. And now that I am dealing with Parkinson's Disease, I appreciate the little extra comfort it offers. But I do like those old Dodge trucks!

btw, moparagogo, I don't usually like custom work of most any kind but I don't hate yours, I can live with it and, even, somewhat like it! :-D I do think it would look better with a little thinner whitewalls but these, as others have said, do work. Kudos.

I was looking for one of those 'square' Dodges when I was in the market for a pickup. Very hard to find, either there weren't any, or they were way overpriced for the condition they were in. Finally settled for a beautifully maintained 2205 Ram 1500. And I love it. And now that I am dealing with Parkinson's Disease, I appreciate the little extra comfort it offers. But I do like those old Dodge trucks!

btw, moparagogo, I don't usually like custom work of most any kind but I don't hate yours, I can live with it and, even, somewhat like it! :-D I do think it would look better with a little thinner whitewalls but these, as others have said, do work. Kudos.
Sorry to hear about the Parkinson's.
A good friend has been dealing with the same for quite a few years.
Recently got a surgery. Had a battery pack installed in his shoulder and some electrodes? In his head.. even came with a remote... he's doing much better..

Yeah, its a pain, literally as well as figuratively but I'm still here so can't complain. I suspect the day will come when I will need a remote control too! :-D

Back