WANTED Hankering for a 3 speed wiper motor for our '68 ragtop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerald Morris

Reaction score
Contact seller
Living in Toostoned AZ means long stretches of DRY weather, oft interrupted by the lightest drizzle and no more. For this kind of muddy, light blatter, a 2 speed wiper motor does about as much harm as good. We need a SLOOOOOW low speed here. I have a spare 3 speed switch. which is of good value, but need a 3 speed motor for it. If anyone here has such for sale, drop me a line here on FCBO.

Hey Gerald, I've got this one you can have. It's out of a 65.
PXL_20211122_173549677.jpg
PXL_20211122_173610142.jpg

Make sure it’ll work with a ‘68 harness and also he will still need the lever that goes from the motor to the linkages in the cowl and those linkages may be different too. I’ll check the parts book.

Make sure it’ll work with a ‘68 harness and also he will still need the lever that goes from the motor to the linkages in the cowl and those linkages may be different too. I’ll check the parts book.
THANK YOU MATT!! Yes, let us check these details out. I'll look in my catalogues too. I suspect they're 1:1 compatible, BUT, YOU MAY BE RIGHT! The slabs were pretty good for compatibility across the 4 yrs, though there are SOME exceptions. Wiring harness stuff is trivial, but that link bar isn't. I've seen them on ePay.

THANK YOU MATT!! Yes, let us check these details out. I'll look in my catalogues too. I suspect they're 1:1 compatible, BUT, YOU MAY BE RIGHT! The slabs were pretty good for compatibility across the 4 yrs, though there are SOME exceptions. Wiring harness stuff is trivial, but that link bar isn't. I've seen them on ePay.
Looks like the long linkage bars are the same but the lever that connects from the motor to the drive arm is different between 2 & 3 spd and I’d be slightly worried about the motor itself being interchangeable but for that price it’s worth the gamble.:thumbsup:

Isn’t the ‘65 & ‘66 wiper motors variable speed? I know the ones in the 2 ‘66 300’s that I have owned were like that and used a rotary wiper switch vs the toggle switch used on ‘67 & ‘68 Chryslers.

Isn’t the ‘65 & ‘66 wiper motors variable speed? I know the ones in the 2 ‘66 300’s that I have owned were like that and used a rotary wiper switch vs the toggle switch used on ‘67 & ‘68 Chryslers.

Yes, the switches differ quite a bit between 65-66 and 67-68. MY big reason for craving the 3 speed motor is the sort of insipid drizzle we get here most of the time. I have the 3 speed toggle switch, along with a spare dash for my '68, which is a blessing, to be SURE! Having the switch and connectors makes part of the job a lot more affordable. I've priced all this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back