Hard finding parts

humnbass

Reaction score
Guys,

I have a 1965 Dodge Polara and it's my first mopar. I don't understand why the parts are so hard to find. Every time I find a place that has catalogs (yearone, Classic Industries) they completely skip over the C Body. I'm not understanding why. Is there any vendor at all that sells new C Body parts? I need a headlight switch, taillight lenses and other miscellaneous parts. Is scouring for used parts the only way? (it can't be)

Guys,

I have a 1965 Dodge Polara and it's my first mopar. I don't understand why the parts are so hard to find. Every time I find a place that has catalogs (yearone, Classic Industries) they completely skip over the C Body. I'm not understanding why. Is there any vendor at all that sells new C Body parts? I need a headlight switch, taillight lenses and other miscellaneous parts. Is scouring for used parts the only way? (it can't be)
Scouring for used parts, or buying NOS parts if you can find them. Not a lot of love for C Bodies in the aftermarket, or even general parts in some cases.

Its part of the "fun" owning a C body ....if parts were easily accessible everyone would want them. We're a very exclusive group of hobbyists.....

Sad but true. A few respected and enthusiastic C body parts suppliers are:

Murray Park in Tiffin Ohio (NOS and used)
National Moparts (Nigel Mills) NOS and used
Arizona Parts (Martin Kolner - a member here Marty Mopar) NOS and used

Wrecking yards like Desert Valley in Arizona, Wildcat Auto in Sandy Oregon, and I'm sure others will chime in with their sources.

Best of luck!

You have to search and search and search. Theres ALOT of C bodies left out there. Sometimes you gotta drive cross country, sometimes they are right in your backyard. You can never give up, look everyday, look 3 times a day. Some stuff sells as soon as it gets listed. You can never give up. And NEVER EVER walk away. Show up ready to buy if not it WILL be gone.

Sad but true. A few respected and enthusiastic C body parts suppliers are:

Murray Park in Tiffin Ohio (NOS and used)
National Moparts (Nigel Mills) NOS and used
Arizona Parts (Martin Kolner - a member here Marty Mopar) NOS and used

Wrecking yards like Desert Valley in Arizona, Wildcat Auto in Sandy Oregon, and I'm sure others will chime in with their sources.

Best of luck!
And C body Bob

Guys,

Several C body groups on Facebook with people selling parts.

Its part of the "fun" owning a C body ....if parts were easily accessible everyone would want them. We're a very exclusive group of hobbyists.....
You know it. I was out having “fun” after work today. That magic time when the sun is blinding you then it goes pitch black in a second.

BDCD1148-F72F-46DA-8C3F-0E29B6BD0F6B.jpeg

You have to search and search and search. Theres ALOT of C bodies left out there. Sometimes you gotta drive cross country, sometimes they are right in your backyard. You can never give up, look everyday, look 3 times a day. Some stuff sells as soon as it gets listed. You can never give up. And NEVER EVER walk away. Show up ready to buy if not it WILL be gone.

So so true.

I was at Jose’s yard a couple weeks ago. I went back tonight to yank some ‘69 parts and lo and behold look what just rolled in. He’s had it only a couple weeks.

E3970C53-367A-4221-BF00-F65593112354.jpeg

It's the chase that's half the fun...driving them is the other half...

you could always have a Chebbie and replace every part from a catalog...

not for me anymore...everyone has a navel...or had an uncle that had one.
14141494_1054350771339778_1987670146807405278_n.jpg

I have some parts for a 1966. Take a look at my old posts for parts, there are two I think.
Most of the pieces are still available.

Every time I see this, it´s always feeling bad to remember that you parted this NYB.
Yes, with no motor and hacked up wiring, no one wanted to put the time and money into saving it. Now the parts are literally all over the world and it’s sheet metal will bring the ‘70 TX9 in the background and my ‘vert project back to life.

Yes, with no motor and hacked up wiring, no one wanted to put the time and money into saving it. Now the parts are literally all over the world and it’s sheet metal will bring the ‘70 TX9 in the background and my ‘vert project back to life.

You have to prove the TX9´s enhancing condition with pics, or didn´t happen.:popcorn:

Back