Harmonic damper / crank pulley wobbling?

Stoffauge

Reaction score
Hey guys I am wondering if my harmonic damper is still working fine and the wobbling in very low idle is still in the ok range or is it too much and I should replace the harmonic damper ?

Uploaded two videos from different Perspektive .

Thanks for watching

mov: IMG_8918.MOV and 2 other files

I don't think wobble at any speed is acceptable in a harmonic balancer, but I don't see wobble in the harmonic balancer in your videos. I see a small amount of wobble in the pulleys, but not enough where I would be concerned. As long as engine performance is OK and without vibration, I would drive the car as is.

Thanks. The same as I do! I just see the pulley wobbling a bit but I wanted to make sure. I will leave it as is as the engine performes well without any vibration. What could be the cause the pulley is wobbling a bit?

I wanna retighten it to fsm specs. Any idea how to block the engine easily that it´s not turning over while tightening?

I wanna retighten it to fsm specs. Any idea how to block the engine easily that it´s not turning over while tightening?
I presume you're referring to the bolt holding the harmonic balancer. To do that on my car that I made this holder out of a scrap piece of wood using the pulley as a template. I put 3 or 4 of the pulley bolts through it into the harmonic balancer, it wedged against the frame as I was tightening the harmonic balancer bolt. Worked great.

IMG_3859.jpeg

Hey Barry, thats a great idea! I looked after a way with the pulley installed but I start feeling I have to remove the pulley to get a hold on the bolt and tighten it.

Back