Headman headers

I have personally run the shorty hedman headers, Hooker super comp(1 3/4) long tubes, and the TTi 1 7/8 headers on my old 70 Polara.The hedman shorty headers are currently on my 68 300.Both 440 cars with p.s.

The hedmans are a whole lot cheaper and I can get them coated for free by a friend, Might go that route, but I have decided to do quarter rust repair before anything else, I thought I could live with bubbles but I can't drive it like that. It's ok to drive a car with rust when you're a broke kid and just getting started but not when you're in your 50's

I don't believe you will realize any power or torque advantage with shorty or un-equal length headers. The TTI's, although expensive are your best bet, or just stick with the stock cast iron manifolds.

I don't want to get off topic and into an argument here but I don't think they clear "everything" as you claim imho. Here is my reasoning, there are problems with most headers and yes tti is a very good product, and yes they sound badass, and yes everyone raves about them. But In my opinion B-body Hedman's fit better than C-body TTI's. In our experience the TTI's we put on our 67 Fury II sedan we had to make modifications, and yes we had to make modifications to our B-body Hedman's also but not much as TTI. Both our B-body and C-body header cars do have mini starters, but with the C-body with TTI's we had to put a dent in the header to clear the spark plug boot so the boot could go into the plug itself but they cleared without other issures. The Hedman's we had to clear the steering box and transmission pan but they cleared without issues otherwise. Just one guys 2 cents

So for clarification, would the Hedman 78030 hedders be what you're talking about? I really want to run long tubes on my 66 Fury with a 440 but my budget is beating me up too bad to afford C body specific headers. Thanks for any help.

So for clarification, would the Hedman 78030 hedders be what you're talking about? I really want to run long tubes on my 66 Fury with a 440 but my budget is beating me up too bad to afford C body specific headers. Thanks for any help.
Save for the tti's, no advantage in shortys or unequal length. If you are going to the hassle of installing any header, even the tti's, you might as well get their performance benefits. Or stick with manifolds.

Back