Hearing Aids

Kippy

Reaction score
Whats the consensus on the latest hearing aids. I see many of them can be linked up with a ap on your cell phone. I see all different price ranges and models and was wondering if those who use them could share any experience's
Thanks for any input and have a happy fourth of July!!!!!

I bought mine thru Americahears. It's mostly on line, self serve. But cheaper than going thru a local hearing aid business. I paid $2500 for the pair. Did not get the Bluetooth, no reason other than money. These came with a program so you can fine tune them yourself, not go back to the clinic to get it done. Brand name "Lucid" . 64 bit if I remember right. My high end is gone, too many nights in a band with cymbals crashing in my ears...lol....they , none of them, make your hearing perfect, but these have made a difference for me. Conversations in the car are much easier now.

I tried a pair once to help with my tinnitus. Long story short, they didn't help and were more of a nuisance so i returned them.

What I took away from the whole experience was that the people selling hearing aids are all about the commission and making money. Keep that in mind... It really came out when I returned them. They did honor their "money back" guarantee, but they weren't happy about it and let me know it.

My son bought some of the bluetooth ones from Costco for around 1800 or so if I recall correctly and he loves them. Of course he's often got music live streamed to his ears for private listening if he's on a job he can safely do so, and if his phone rings he's the only one who hears it. I went to check them out but got too cranky after finding out that you have to join the Costco 'family' buying a membership to check them out so I walked away.

I have Starkey brand linked to my IPhone via Bluetooth. I like being able to change volume and other parameters a discreetly via phone.

I’ve had a good experience with a local independent hearing aid service. I’m one that doesn’t mind paying more for a higher level of service. I get free cleanings and tune ups as necessary as well as an annual hearing test and box of batteries.

like JJ, too many years on stage, too many concerts, too many “crank it up” moments.

Why are we talking about hearing aids?

This is why...

Capture.JPG

Walnuts belong on Brownies....
I started to disagree, but I don't want to appear as "anti-walnut" on brownies. They belong on (or in) brownies and in chocolate chip cookies too.

Had a chocolate cream pie the other day made with a pre-made walnut crust that was pretty yummy.

Back