Hello from Germany

Some bad news here. The Monaco was destroyed this summer due to the flood we had here in Germany.
flood2.jpeg
flood.jpeg

However, next week i will get a successor. It´s an 1973 Dodge Monaco 2 Door with an 400 BB.
I will provide some pics when it has arrived (and start same part wanted threads :D).

Today I met Daniel at a car show in Duisburg / Germany.
Sad to hear what happened to the '66 Monaco, but he is very happy with the "new" '73 Monaco and hopes to get it approved for the road next week.
I wish good luck ...

Joerg

Really a nice car Daniel :thumbsup:
Hope to see it in person in the near future...

Hey, if you guys came back for a visit, maybe we can have an cold german beer together :beerchug:

Yes, you definitely draw attention with such an rare car in Germany.
However, there is quite a large MoPar Scene here also.At the 6. of August the German MoPar Nationals will take place. Last Year there were more than 300 cars. Klick here for some Pics.

Regards,
Daniel

I want to go to there.

The ´73 Monaco finally arrived this week. It´s pretty dirty and there is some interior work to do. But i love it!

photo_2021-10-21_22-47-00.jpg

Hidden Headlights \m/
photo_2021-10-21_22-46-51.jpg

Nice Tail (Unfortunately dented bumper):
photo_2021-10-21_22-40-35.jpg

Nice (and working) after market pioneer tape deck/radio:
photo_2021-10-21_22-47-13.jpg

photo_2021-10-21_22-47-26.jpg

I am very glad that you bought that 73 Monaco Daniel - it is certainly a beautiful car and I hope you will be able to get the provenance that should have accompanied the car.

I really liked your 66 Dodge as well and it hurts to see what happened to it - that can only be called a tragedy. I felt the 66 Monacos were one of the most beautiful slab sides Chrysler built.

Thanks everyone.
Yes, it was a tragedy, however i "just" lost a (very cool) car. Others lost their whole livelihood or even lives. Think i got off fairly lightly

Thanks everyone.
Yes, it was a tragedy, however i "just" lost a (very cool) car. Others lost their whole livelihood or even lives. Think i got off fairly lightly
Very hard to think about loosing everything that way but I’m still sorry for the loss of that really sweet Dodge. I prefer it over your new one but I dig all slabs over the fuselage era cars and always have. You’re happy with it and that’s all that counts though!

@Fratzog The old one was sold by the insurance company

Today i received the original Texas licence plate of this car. The guy who sold me the car in germany found it and forwarded it to me. :thumbsup:

licenceplate.jpg

Last edited:
@Fratzog The old one was sold by the insurance company

Today i received the original Texas licence plate of this car. The guy who sold me the car in germany found it and forwarded it to me. :thumbsup:

View attachment 499023
Did the insurance company give you the option to buy the car back? Here in MI when a car is a total loss the company will give you the option to buy it back.

Back