Hello! Mind if I hang out over here for a bit?

satilite73

Reaction score
I *think* I was a member here a LONG time ago, but not sure as I've been 'C' less for awhile now. Seems like there's still a great bunch of people here!

Aside from saying 'hello', my reason for this post is to give a heads up of sorts that I'm going to be posting my last bits of C body parts for sale. I didn't want to come over and just start posting classifieds with zero activity. I'm not here to rip anyone off, I can be found on the B-Bodies Only site and over at moparts.com. I just have some odd bits that I don't want to literally throw away, but I also really, REALLY don't want to have to deal with ebay either, so, here I am. My goal is to get down just to just the extra parts I need for my (Satellite) Wagon so I can move into a smaller storage unit.

I've had a few C's in my time. The first 'C' I owned was a '77 Gran Fury cop car that was a former NY State Police cruiser. I bought it from the guy who bought it at auction. This was back about '83 when I was in HS. Not sure what he paid for it, but I paid him $500, so it couldn't have been much. The cars biggest issue was........me. Being a HS 'kid', I was doing good to be able to change the oil at that time and the car had electrical issues. Now, it would have been a relatively easy fix, but back then, it was so far over my head and I didn't have anyone to turn to. I got the car running/driving, but the harness would eventually melt down almost burning the car to the ground. I saved the drivetrain, and several years later would drop it into a '76 Club Cab (2wd). Of all the C's I've owned, this is the one I wish I could have back. The car was a BEAST. Just a wild assumption on my part, but I think the car had been set up for interstate hwy work as it had more leaves in the springs, hollowed out catalytic converters (two as car had full duel exhaust), higher stall torque convertor, and there was no sign of a cage or divider between the seats. Car was lazy off the line, but at about 55, it would wake up (it literally felt like someone came up from behind and shoved you) and you were GONE. The seller also had a '74 and '76 that I got to drive, and neither handled or performed like my '77. That's my only comparison.

My last C was a '71 Newport Royal (4dr). I always joked that I may have been the only person to put a 440 INTO a fuselage C (especially a 4dr) as the original 360 was smoked, I already had a (running) 440 laying around, and was able to buy a '71 New Yorker with 440 for parts for CHEAP (car had VERY bad rust). I really enjoyed driving the Newport and was in the process of fixing up the mechanical end of things when I realized the car had hidden rot up in the cowl (behind the wipers). I didn't see it until it was too late because of the huge plastic piece that covered the cowl vents. I had been noticing how the gap between the fenders and doors had been changing, and thought it was due to bad bushings on the stub frame mount, when in actuality it was due to the cowl rot. The car was bending at the cowl. Ended up parting the car out. This was in 2001.

So, basically, I've been without a C for 20 yrs. I'd love to have another, but with current economy, and things going on in my life, I don't see it happening again. I'll just have to live vicariously thru you guys to get my C body fix.

I'll start posting my ads over the next few weeks.

Thanks for having me. :thankyou:

Sorry guys, got sidelined for a bit. Got hurt at work. No broken bones or loss of body parts, but I will say if I hadn't been wearing my steel toe boots, the outcome would have been VERY different. :mad:

This is what slowed me down for the past few weeks. My foot doesn't make a good wheel chock. Doesn't make for a good speedbump either. As mentioned, was wearing my boots. My foot rolled onto its side as it went under the wheel, but the steel toe actually supported the weight as the wheel passed over preventing my foot from getting flat out crushed.
This pic is from the day after it happened, is looking much better now, still sore though.

foot.jpg

This is what slowed me down for the past few weeks. My foot doesn't make a good wheel chock. Doesn't make for a good speedbump either. As mentioned, was wearing my boots. My foot rolled onto its side as it went under the wheel, but the steel toe actually supported the weight as the wheel passed over preventing my foot from getting flat out crushed.
This pic is from the day after it happened, is looking much better now, still sore though.

View attachment 528795
One foot saved makes the safety boots so very worth it!! AMHIK! Mend soon! Lindsay

View attachment 528795
Ouch!!! Glad your feeling better

Hey there old friend! Hope you heal up quickly.
I still have my 73 Satelitte wagon 318 3 on da tree!!
She is in hibernation with a wiped out cam.

FB_IMG_1634715946792.jpg

Back