Help finding plastic clips for securing 1970 300 convertible boot

cruisinwithsusan

Reaction score
I'm hoping to find replacements for broken and aging black plastic hook-like fasteners for securing the boot when top is down. Thanks in advance

they are repoped by someone,I bought a couple replacements a few years ago but cant rememer where?

Legendary has them.

Their online search is horrible and that's being kind. You'll probably want to call them. IIRC, they are the same as the B-Body clip. Legendary sells the '70 300 boot (bought one last year) and it has the correct clips.

EDIT: I said E body, but after checking a couple threads, I think it's a B Body piece. Some pics here: Convertible tops , Boots and well liners

Thanks a lot for all the information. Replacing the whole boot and putting the original in safe storage might be easier than getting those clips in properly and secure.
Thanks again.

Thanks a lot for all the information. Replacing the whole boot and putting the original in safe storage might be easier than getting those clips in properly and secure.
Thanks again.
I'm pretty happy with the Legendary boot. I suggest getting samples of the material if going with something besides black or white.

JTZn8JH.jpg

My ‘71 Challenger has them and I did buy replacements from Legendary. The guy I had replace my top changed out the broken ones in my boot and charged me something ridiculous like 40 bucks to replace about half of them.

Good advice on asking for a sample. Mine is a funky 70s avocado green. The old timer that did the top and driver's seat was willing to replace the clips so I'll look into both.

Back