Help me pick a color the time has come!!

Pick a color

• EW1 white

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • FC7 purple

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • B5 blue

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Y3 cream

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • FY1 yellow

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • EL5 butterscoth

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Y4 light gold

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Q5 turquoise

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • TX black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C8 mood indigo

Votes: 5 11.9%

• Total voters
I like the Q-5 Turquoise metallic.........

OR

B-5 Blue with Peacock Blue/Green Metal Flake

upload_2017-7-25_21-22-11.jpeg

I believe that I have the solution. Look at 1971 Plymouth C8, Mood Indigo Iridescent.

1971 Plymouth Paint Charts and Colour Codes

Mix a purple with a dark blue and this is what you got. I believe it was a one year only color and it did not sell well. The photo below does not do the color justice but the paint sample at the webpage above is a good representation.

indigo Fury.jpg

Just my 2 cents since you asked.

Bill

Pretty nice color on the 69 but it looks like it is setup for Baja racing.

Find a high resolution picture of a 70 Polara Convertible and have someone photoshop all the colors you think you want. There is a guy I met over on B-bodies that has done this for me. After I found out the price of photoshop AND realized the talent needed to operate the program, I sought out someone with the program that knew what they were doing and I PayPal him $50 every time I want something photoshopped. Money well spent and merely pennies compared to the cost of doing a paint job or buying tires and wheels and then find out you don't like your decision. With that said, not all cars have to be high impact to look great and stand out - they just have to be done right. I have two cars that are silver - and battled for years to have one of them black and one of them red, or yellow, or purple. After keeping them both silver, I get plenty of compliments. I'd go with W1.

EL5 was a '71 only color(and '69) and I've grown to really like it.
I vote not for C7.
IMG_20160818_174441233.jpg

Okay guys after about 2 years of stalling while I got my A12 done it is almost time to start the resto on the 70 polara 440 rose bowl parade vert I got from Dave. I know he will chime in on this and I am wanting his input too. I had previously decided to paint the car FC7 as Dave and I both agree white sucks. The more I sat back and thought about this over the last year or so I am starting to think that ALOT of purple. I want a color that will go with the black top and black gut so I don't have to do a wholesale change on that. It's not going to be a show car just a driver. (I'm saving the full blown resto for my EV2 polara vert)

But I want to hear from all my C body brothers and see what color you guys like on a polara vert. I am really getting partial to EK2 and think that would be great on a C body but I have never seen one. So let me know what you guys think:
B5
EK2
FC7
R6
FY1
FK5
Those are the ones I like but if anyone has pics of them on polara verts post them up and let's pick a color. Thanks guys!!

I would go with the Y4 Light Gold Poly. With the black top and interior, the car would look pretty classy.

Not purple. Furthermore, as a general rule I think hi impact colours often come off as "too much" on C bodies.

This is good as it is what I wanted to get input from everyone. Let's put together 4 choices and vote on them. Anyone know how to load one of those charts to vote on?? I would say 2 colors for sure on the list should be the EW1 and B5. Let's get 2 more. I had not thought of Light gold but with a black gut and top that would be sharp.

I believe that I have the solution. Look at 1971 Plymouth C8, Mood Indigo Iridescent.

1971 Plymouth Paint Charts and Colour Codes

Mix a purple with a dark blue and this is what you got. I believe it was a one year only color and it did not sell well. The photo below does not do the color justice but the paint sample at the webpage above is a good representation.

View attachment 135554

Just my 2 cents since you asked.

Bill

Just my opinion here, but this color is just about the ugliest blue there is. Might look OK on a smaller car, but I doubt it.

Someone said that C's are too big for high impact colors, I agree. Silver, light gold, white or something on the lighter side. I saw a white 68 300 with black top and gut in the 90's. It looked good and it was most certainly a driver quality car.

Back