Help on 1970 Chrysler 300 hurst carpet install!!

morepar

Reaction score
Hi Everyone! I am putting new carpet in on my Hurst BUT I do not know how the front seat floor monted seatbelt is either mounted on top or under the carpet! my carpet is not molded to allow it under the carpet and I have no cover if it is mounted on top, was there a plastic cover or do you cover it with a separate piece of carpet?? I found a picture but its hard to tell. Your expertise and help will be greatly appreciated!
hurst seatbelt.jpg

My 1970 Fury has molded plastic inserts under the carpet. I can post pics tonight if no one else does by then.

Wrong year, but in -69 there is cardboard cover and carpet goes over it.
20160509_160859.jpg

Another view of the cardboard covers and the retractor hidden inside. These are for my '70 Fury.
IMG_20130330_152315.jpg
IMG_20130330_152344.jpg

My carpet was not molded either, but a little fiddling with a heat gun got them installed.
100_8324.JPG
100_8325.JPG
100_8326.JPG
100_8327.JPG
100_8331.JPG
100_8333.JPG
100_8334.JPG
100_8335.JPG

Great pics! I'll use those when I do my carpet. That is some tough cardboard; I thought it was plastic when I took my carpet out.

I think I have these in plastic, i will check that out today and let you know, cheers,
Gary

Her
seat belt covers.jpg
e are the covers, I pulled the black carpet off them and while they are dirty, the covers are in very good condition. Let m know if you are interested via PM, cheers,
Gary
P.S. I forgot to mention, these items would go over the top of your carpet since the carpet on these was glued on and trimmed to size. But I think thy could be used either way, as described above.

Last edited:
Hello from another Minnesotan! What part of the state are you in?

HerView attachment 114844 e are the covers, I pulled the black carpet off them and while they are dirty, the covers are in very good condition. Let m know if you are interested via PM, cheers,
Gary
P.S. I forgot to mention, these items would go over the top of your carpet since the carpet on these was glued on and trimmed to size. But I think thy could be used either way, as described above.
Hello from another Minnesotan! What part of the state are you in?
Hi Im in Minnetrista 30 minutes west of the twin cities

HerView attachment 114844 e are the covers, I pulled the black carpet off them and while they are dirty, the covers are in very good condition. Let m know if you are interested via PM, cheers,
Gary
Thanks Gary I just pm you

Even the molded carpets don't allow for the belt anchor covers. It takes some careful instillation to get over them. Also, never cut the carpet under the sill plates until the seats are bolted in. The bolting process may pull the carper out from under the plates.

Back