here's your '70 Fury parts car

Status
Not open for further replies.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
BB, Sure-grip, A/C, disc brakes....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Plymouth-Fu...3c22fbcef&item=291020717295&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

$_4.JPG

1970 PLYMOUTH SPORT FURY 4dr 383 V8 ENGINE WON'T CRANK 4BL AUTO POSI TRAC REAR,FRONT DISC BRAKES, WOULD NEED TRAILERED WILL NOT RUN. THE DEALERSHIP HAS THIS CAR SINCE THE 70'S. PLEASE CALL JOHN GASTMAN AT 309-923-7171

Last edited:
lots of great options on her, too bad they let it sit and rot! excellent parts car.

Wow sure is rotten...those rear frame rails are toast!! Yup be a good parts car...wonder if it will go over $1K?

am/fm multiplex, three speaker dash, tilt column, nice rocker moldings, if there is a sure grip and since the tag says its an N code I see fifteen hundred in parts easy

why not......whats wrong with 'em - or did most cars have them standard that year?

many 71 cars had them, my point is the 73's are what people want, easier to find parts for and it is a one piece rotor, may be larger too. Front end parts are getting scarce for our cars Mark. Lower Ball joints and Pitman arms are scarce.

that's a big if, cannot find much of things like sheetmetal ,lenses, bezels, etc

Absolutely nothing wrong with the disc brake set-up from a 69-72. Yes the 73 uses a slightly cheaper rotor, but other then that they are the exact same design...diameter of the rotor, calipers etc. You can get reasonably priced rotors for the 69-72 disc brake set-up...without having to shell out $250-$300 for a used set of 73 spindles.

I would have no reservations about using the 69-72 disc brakes....if I was currently in the market to swap from drums to discs. But I had picked up 73 spindles many many moons ago out of the wrecker for $50. These are on my wagon now.

Thats why i said three speaker dash. Everything i mentioned is in good shape

Never said anything was wrong with the setup. However, most wont go through the trouble to swap to that set up, they would rather swap to the 73. What you MAY save on the set youll spend on front end parts

Well, mine has frt discs and they work great IMO......no complaints at all.

Never said anything was wrong with the setup. However, most wont go through the trouble to swap to that set up, they would rather swap to the 73. What you MAY save on the set youll spend on front end parts

I don't understand what front end parts you need to replace? The only difference, even in front end parts, is the rotors and spindle diameter. So you would have to spend the same amount on front end parts for both swaps...69-72, or 73. The only cost difference, which is a heck of a lot less then it used to be, is in the rotors themselves.

o.k. then, that clears it up. I have always read that the ball joints were different on the 73 cars. Since, I have NEVER had a need to do this swap I am basing my theory on what I have read for the last seventeen years by guys who have done the swap. If what you are saying is true then its all the same

That is the beauty of the 73 swap...it uses the same lower ball joint, upper ball joint, and tie rods as almost every C-bodies from 65-73. Except the 66-68 factory disc brake cars and their specific lower ball joint.

I had purchased a front end kit for my 70 Sport Fury many years ago. Never ended up putting it in, so I used it on my 68 wagon, with the 73 spindles. I also used 71 caliper mounts and a few other parts as well from a 71 300 parts car. All went together fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back