Hey there, another new member!

O.K. now your just showing off
Don't mind Dave, he gets interior envy sometimes.
Nice car, love the color combo! Welcome to the site from the Motor City!

Communicating privately in a language that we all here can't understand.
This is a forum where we all should be able to read each and every post. ALL. WTF is so hard to understand?
It's like going into car dealer and while you're negotiating with the salesman, he's talking to the sales manager in Spanish and they're both snickering.
EFFING RUDE.
Do it in PM's if there's something he doesn't understand in English.

And there was no need for me to spell it all out. You knew exactly what ****. Wanna do some more provoking?

Seien Sie kein Arschloch hier.

Last edited:
You are wrong. Of course not everyone does understand german but there are some german/swiss and austrian members here who can read it. As well as german is the 5th most spoken language in the US. So I am sure a bunch of americans can read it, too. It is not "all" who can not read it.

Nothing that I postet had to do with americans, the US or whatsoever. I did not make jokes about anyone . If you would have been curious and couldn't read it you have the possibility to use google translator and see easily that it was harmless and about his car. I was not "snickering" at all. Nothing in my post was rude.

You are in Florida, should I speak in spanish to you? The americans I met down in southern Florida couldn't speak english.

On all the european Mopar boards people communicate in different languages. We have us citizens on the german board, too and of course they post mostly in english, not german. No complaints.

BTW: The USA does not have an "official language", so what do you want?

Talking about being provoking: I estimated what you meant but wanted to be sure so that no information or meaning gets mixed up in wrong translation. That is why I asked for a detailed comment.

Talking about being rude: You could have postet your wish with normal words. But you didn't. You were posting in using the "imperativ". You called me, germany/german and my activity "****". That is rude. You are a provoking button pusher

You say you have been to the U.S., are familiar with U.S. customs and culture, but you do not have a clue about the sensitivity of maintaining the use of English by what remaining English speaking people are left.

I suggest if you were a WW II survivor, you'd be outraged if a couple of guys came in and talked between themselves in Russian.

I am tapping my forehead with my index finger and I mean no harm if I "accidently" point it in your direction. I merely had an itch.

Last edited:
You say you have been to the U.S., are familiar with U.S. customs and culture, but you do not have a clue about the sensitivity of maintaining the use of English by what remaining English speaking people are left.

I suggest if you were a WW II survivor, you'd be outraged if a couple of guys came in and talked between themselves in Russian.

yes, I have been to the US several times (15+) and visited 17 different states in the US.

Sensitivity in english: No, I never had experiences like that. In Texas ie most people spoke both languages, most of my buddies have mexican employes and come a long very well with them. I am wondering more about Florida were english seems to be more rarely used in some areas and people didn't understand me. Or I Couldn't read signs as they were all done in spanish.

But as I have learend in the history of the US it was common for foreigners to come in and they all continued to speak their language. Even if they startet to learn another language. No matter if the many germans back in the 19th century, the italians, irish or chinese. So what I learend and know is that the US always has been a multiple languaged country inspired by the foreigners who came in. Currently a majority still speaks english but if you follow the prognose for the future the amount of spanish speaking people is raising dramatically. You can't change it. Get ready for the future.

Russians: I don't have a problem with them, heck I even know russian Mopar drivers. Despite from that: WWII was real **** (unfortunatly startet by germans) but if I would be a WWII vet I could live it I guess. Not all russians are enemys.

Dear Admin,
i dont want to start such an discusion,
i am sorry for that direction, this threat is drifting.

I here to find new friends not to start world war 3

Marco

Not to drop in, but being a home grown citizen (meaning born here) I was brought being taught that English was/is/and always will be until otherwise notified, the OFFICIAL language of the United States. There are lots of people here who are bi-lingual and who choose to ignore the fact that English is indeed the standard language here. They do that at there own peril.

Dear Admin,
i dont want to start such an discusion,
i am sorry for that direction, this threat is drifting.

I here to find new friends not to start world war 3

Marco
Marco, topics sometime drift within threads here, it just happens naturally..its been this way for as long as I have been here. I think that is what most (but...I realize not all) like about it. Don't fret about starting WWIII. This discussion is tame.

Not to drop in, but being a home grown citizen (meaning born here) I was brought being taught that English was/is/and always will be until otherwise notified, the OFFICIAL language of the United States. There are lots of people here who are bi-lingual and who choose to ignore the fact that English is indeed the standard language here. They do that at there own peril.

Hi Gary,

wikipedia says there is no official language in the US. Here is the link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_of_the_United_States

Carsten

I here to find new friends

Marco

Welcome aboard, Marco. Glad to see another new member here.

welcomeclipart14.gif

Back