Hi from Ottawa Canada

Welcome Wagon

1. Kernel Sanders

Kernel Sanders Member

Hi

I dont actually own a CBody but I'm over from FABO and FBBO because I like to learn about all of the 60's and 70's MOPARs. Also many of the drive trains are similar and engine parts interchangeable and I always seem to need a part or have questions and help out when I can.

This last weekend I ran across a 70 Newport in one of the local U-Pull-it yards. although te drive train was completely removed there does remain a rusted heap. They are not going to have it long but I hope to drop in on them tomorrow and snap a couple pix for you.

I did get a couple parts off of her while I was there though. I grabbed the 4 headlights as they are not cheap anymore, a wiper sprayer motor and the left drivers side fender indicator (the right was destroyed somehow). All work when I tested them at home.

I'm keeping the headlights and sprayer motor for my BBody but have no use for the fender indicator. The only reason I snagged it was because it is in very good driver quality shape with no pitting.

Anyway I'll post it in the for sale section in case anyone is interested with pix

Hope you all have an awesome evening

Troy

2. rapidtransitrick

rapidtransitrick Active Member

welcome to fcbo

3. polara71

polara71 Old Man with a Hat

:welcome:.........I remember a short period of time in my life that I didn't have an older Dodge or Plymouth. I always felt lost.

4. Fratzog

Fratzog Old Man with a Hat

:tiphat:Welcome from a fellow Canuk. It's remarkable that a Bbody guys shows any interest here. There's not many old car wreckers left in the Niagara area but it sounds like you still have a few up your way. Thanks for the update on the Newport.

5. Kernel Sanders

Kernel Sanders Member

Thank you fellow MOPARers for the welcome

As promised here are some pix I took today when I dropped back in on the U-Pull-It. My camera did bugger up a couple times and failed to save some of the pix of the interior like the radio and whats left of the intirior panels and underside.

Newport34.JPG

Newport32.JPG

Newport33.JPG

Newport35.JPG

Newport36.JPG

Newport37.JPG

Newport38.JPG

Newport39.JPG

Newport40.JPG

Newport41.JPG

6. Kernel Sanders

Kernel Sanders Member

A few more pix...

Newport42.JPG Newport43.JPG Newport44.JPG

plus a couple old fords too...

PHOT0045.JPG PHOT0046.JPG PHOT0047.JPG PHOT0048.JPG PHOT0049.JPG

Newport42.JPG

Newport43.JPG

Newport44.JPG

PHOT0045.JPG

PHOT0046.JPG

PHOT0047.JPG

PHOT0048.JPG

PHOT0049.JPG

7. AlleyOop2

AlleyOop2 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the site!

8. polara71

Another rear defogger in the scrap yard and always up north. Not that I need it but there are some parts on that car that should be saved, like the defogger............

9. Kernel Sanders

Kernel Sanders Member

I was thinking the same thing but the trunk is locked and no key to be found. I know I could get through the back seats but definately unprepaired for that today. I think I will be going back on the weekend to at least get the scuff plates which are in good shape. Perhaps if the weather here holds I'll get the defogger and the door locks ( cuz I may be able to use them for the tumblers ) I was thinking of the 3 speed wiper motor too... But your right there are many good parts still on this car and it's a shame this u-pull-it turns over their inventory for scrap metal quite regularly. The recycler/cutter/crusher is right next door too.

I must say though this outfit knows their stuff, when they bring in the vehicles they are all in nice rows and put high enough off the ground (most of the time) to easilly get almost anything underneath. There is no price adjusting for any makes or models and the prices are posted and advertised so no surprises. Prices are decent to (for now) as an example, I've been looking for a 9.25 rear for the suregrip... they want $60 for an entire rear, brakes included! not incl rims, tires or springs though.

It's a shame the hood, trunk, bumpers and some of the chrome trim is still good.

Oh well, signing off for now!
    Have a great evening!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
  10. polara71

I have learned over the years you can't save everything but you also have to be wise. Some things can put money back in your pocket, fast.