HID Alternative

josehf34

Reaction score
A time ago installed a set of HID lights in my fury, the result compared with the stock head lights is excellent and with the relay upgrade to headlights system is better but I'm a bit tired to be afraid about cops or feeling like sometime I can be annoying for other drivers, I did "the best job possible" with that retrofit, I mean I spend some time buying a decent kit with bulbs with anti glare shield, then I took the car to a light shop and them professionally aimed the lights even a bit more to the floor but I'm just not quiet

So, I was thinking about the possibility of uninstall the HIDs and go back to halogen, the problem is, which kind of halogen can give the same or better result of the HIDs? Right now all my headlamps are for H4 bulbs

Last edited:
nothing will be brighter than the hid's

you'll be fine with a good set of long life halogens

It's all in the wattage and how it's broadcast.

I was thinking the same. In my country is illegal to use halogen bulbs with a wattage greater than 75W, I don't know what's the wattage of the stock sealed beams of this car but I'm pretty sure that with the stock ones I can't see a difference between have the headlights on or off in the night, my HIDs are 55W units and even without using the projector there's a HUGE difference

I think my new headlamps are e-code, what about the sylvania bulbs?

Back