Hidden antenna for '61 plymouth

sb61fury

Reaction score
I decided I do not want to drill a hole in the front fender of my '61 does any one here know were I can get a hidden antenna for my '61 ? I looked on ebay and amazon and had no luck I was wondering if redi rad would have 1.

The BEST option is the factory sheet metal mount antenna. The aftermarket has had some "hidden" items which basically mimic the GM windshield antenna, but at the bottom of the windshield or with some finesses, could be hidden behind the shade in the tinted windshield?

The other option? Get a pair of bluetooth speakers and use your cell phone as the source of the music. Some cell phones have radio capabilities, fwiw.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

The BEST option is the factory sheet metal mount antenna. The aftermarket has had some "hidden" items which basically mimic the GM windshield antenna, but at the bottom of the windshield or with some finesses, could be hidden behind the shade in the tinted windshield?

The other option? Get a pair of bluetooth speakers and use your cell phone as the source of the music. Some cell phones have radio capabilities, fwiw.

Enjoy!
CBODY67
I have 1 blue tooth speaker I also have redi rad ( rescue your radio) were I am able to hook up this jack to my radio and play the music on my phone through my radio but I need to find some one who can help me hook it up I do not want to mess up and damage anything. I can also do this buy a AM/FM CD player and plug the phone in that but I am not sure if I want to do that

I have 1 blue tooth speaker I also have redi rad ( rescue your radio) were I am able to hook up this jack to my radio and play the music on my phone through my radio but I need to find some one who can help me hook it up I do not want to mess up and damage anything. I can also do this buy a AM/FM CD player and plug the phone in that but I am not sure if I want to do that

If you need all that Steph, just drive a modern car.

If you need all that Steph, just drive a modern car.
I do not really want to drill a hole for the antenna . I was also wondering about the hi fy radios for the '61 I was wondering if that had a hidden antenna . I found 1 on my car and its on my watchlist on ebay . I got the jack for my phone through redi rad , If I had the extra money I would the radio sent out to have it converted to AM/ FM and have a jack put in were I can listen to my music on my phone through my factory radio. I do not want just AM I want FM also . The blue tooth speaker and the phone is were I listen to my tunes right now .

I tried a few hidden antennas in my Belvedere. The main problem is that the AM signal is too weak to go through much of anything. I tried hiding it in a fender along the base of the dash etc and just couldn't get reception. If you are going the FM route its probably easier.

In the end I bought a Redirad and have been happy.

I do have a redirad I need to have it hooked up to my original radio it has a jack were I can plug my phone and listen to the music that is on my phone. I also have an FM converter I hope it works . I will admit the FM converter in my last '61 the signal on the FM converter was not worth beans . I put a sony am/fm/CD player with surface mount speakers in the back . That picked FM stations really well . If I had the extra money I would have my original radio converted to AM/FM and have jacks installed to hook an ipod or a smart phone.

Back