For Sale Hidden headlight Grill Motor $595?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is another test that is simpler to try first. Disconnect the two wire plug from the headlight motor. Next hook one end of a wire with alligator clips to the positive terminal of the battery. Now touch the other alligator clip to one of terminals on the motor harness to see of the motor runs to the full open or closed position. If the motor runs until the doors have opened or closed, hook the alligator clip to the other terminal on the motor harness. The open or closing process should reverse. If that happens, you know the switch plate is good and your relay is bad. If the motor only runs in one direction, the switch plate is bad. Have the headlight doors about half open when you start this test.

Dave
The HL doors still open quietly and flawlessly. With the jumper wire test, they still do not close. The motor makes no noise, no click, no movement or sound of any kind. I performed the test with the doors fully open. Before the problem started in 2015, the HL doors always closed with a loud "Thunk" against the bumpers, like the limit switch was not working properly.

The HL doors still open quietly and flawlessly. With the jumper wire test, they still do not close. The motor makes no noise, no click, no movement or sound of any kind. I performed the test with the doors fully open. Before the problem started in 2015, the HL doors always closed with a loud "Thunk" against the bumpers, like the limit switch was not working properly.

Some 'clunking" was normal with this setup. Your switch inside the motor unit is most likely bad.

Dave

Hi all, does anybody have some more contact information about Chris aka Topher from headlightmotorman.com? I ordered and payed an refurbished motor for a 71 300, but don't get answers to my mails when asking if the motor is already on its way... So it would be nice if anyone could provide me a phone number or anything else to get in contact with him. thank you in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back