High capacity oil pan?

Blusmbl

Reaction score
My Fury currently has a 440 source 7 quart oil pan on it. It works but doesn’t have the correct cutouts for the idler arm so at full lock it makes contact. Has anyone found a higher capacity pan that fits correctly, or do I have to take a 933 pan and have the sump extended by a fabricator?

Thanks!

Why is that added capacity perceived to be needed? Just curioius.

CBODY67

It‘s a drag and drive car so the extra oil helps with controlling temperature, and it also has a large duration cam, loose 9” converter and 4.10 gears. At the end of a 1/4 mile run the engine is at ~6500 rpm if I’m using nitrous, which is where the extra capacity is needed.

How about the Milodon 30930. Never tried one on a C body, but the angled sump gives the clearance on A bodies.

That does look like the sump might be smaller, thanks! Will have to see if I can measure one. Worst case maybe I buy one and then modify it with a clearance cutout, it looks like it would weld better than the pan I currently have.

a year or 2 ago 440 source had a 6 qt pan # 200-1133 that they claimed fit C bodys and big block A body swaps...just looked at their website and it's no longer listed....is that the one that's currently in your car? Mancini had MRE547 that looks like it had the notch and appeared identical to the 440 source one in the pics...they also had a mopar performance one for $50 less 2870547...i asked around here if they fit our cars and got no answers

Last edited:
Thanks, the one on mine is the 440 source 7 quart pan. It's definitely not correct, and 440 source only lists it as compatible with B and E bodies, which makes sense- there isn't enough cutout for the idler arm and drag link.

This is the old pan on it and an example of where it hits. This is what was on my car when I bought it a few years ago. I replaced this with an identical 7 quart pan, just so it wasn't fixed with epoxy, but it still hits.

Taking one of the 6 quart A body pans and getting the sump extended to the depth of the 7 quart might be a solution too. I have that Milodon pan saved in my Summit cart, can definitely try that too.

IMG_3695.PNG

Back