WANTED "High step" jets and 3 step rods

Status
Not open for further replies.

64Imperial

Reaction score
Contact seller
Hey I'm looking for carter high step jets that work with the 3 step rods.

I want to keep some spares around and also create a "strip kit". I'm looking for high step jet sizes .089, .098, .0101 and rods 16-160, 16-173.

Thank you in advance!

I bought one of the old Carter Strip Kits for my '70 Monaco 383 4bbl AVS to explore with. The "high" jets and 3-step rods. When I got my '67 Newport 383 4bbl AFB later on, I tried the 3-step rods in it. Same length as the AFB rods. I could tell no difference in any performance parameter, even going a step or two richer.

In theory, the mid-step on the rods should provide a better transition between cruise and power, but I could feel none. Might make a difference on a chassis dyno for emissions testing.

I know they are not supposed to work in an AFB, but they do. Not sure why for the "high" jets for the AVS, but it seems a bit of fuel will remain on the floor after the jets "run dry", due to the higher lip the fuel must pass over to get to the rods?

Edelbrock has the equivalent of the old Strip Kit for their current 4bbl carbs. I suspect you can find what you want in there. Summit and or Jegs might be the best source for them.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back