hood pins lockable

Knebel

Reaction score
Has anyone installed a set of lockable hoodpins on their cbody before? I am looking into doing that and cant really decide wich design or shape would look good on the hood of my 68 fury. Also, is installation easy?

IMHO, there isn't a hood pin, lockable or not, that would look good on a 68 Fury

IMHO, there isn't a hood pin, lockable or not, that would look good on a 68 Fury

Is there a hood release conversion kit to open the hood from the inside? Im not a fan of the hood pins either but would like to have some peace of mind....

Lokar has them. Search on Ebay too.

The other idea might be a trip to the "pick and pull" junkyard and look at some different cars (not necessarily Mopars) for something that could be adapted.

I'm not a fan of anybody popping open my hood, but no one has done anything yet in 16 years of my cars being outdoors. The only locking hood pins I have seen had a lock like a bike lock and I wasn't too impressed. But that was 20 years ago and things might have improved.

Im not worried that the envine will dksappear, but you never know what people are upto. There are some goodies under the hood which someone could unbolt in less that 30mins and be a couple hundered bucks richer. Im used to seeing the car from my living room window in the driveway and now that its in an apartment, which isnt in the greatest area, i am a little more worried. Or would it be better to install an alarm system? Idk..

A few of the guys around here, myself included, have just used small padlocks with regular hood pins. I doubt if they would stop thieves, but they may slow them down. Sad truth is, if they really want it, they'll find a way.

A few of the guys around here, myself included, have just used small padlocks with regular hood pins. I doubt if they would stop thieves, but they may slow them down. Sad truth is, if they really want it, they'll find a way.

If they really want it !!!!! They will get it !!!!! .............. :Groaner:

4476049524_675d958695_z.jpg

Maybe the ones from summit would work without the scratchplates. Or with chrome scratchplates, that would look ok with the sixpack scoop i would like to install in the future...... :D

Maybe the ones from summit would work without the scratchplates. Or with chrome scratchplates, that would look ok with the sixpack scoop i would like to install in the future...... thats not mine, my fury is white with bfg tires on it and red interior. But i think some hoodpins would look got with that!?:Dgold.jpg

gold.jpg

i haven't seen any thing like this on any vintage cars and that i haven't even bother looking for 'em just seen them on modern cars

Back