Hot Rod and Roadkill

GooBak

Reaction score
I'm a longtime Hot Rod reader and I've watched all of roadkill a couple times. I noticed something today... theres been a lot of mopars in hot rod recently. Freiburger has his superbee (the rumblebee) and a 68 Charger with a mad max vibe (General Mayhem). Elana Scherr has a 70 challenger and a polara. Finnegan bought a fusie 300 in the first (I think) episode of roadkill. The new editor David Kennedy has a roadrunner. Theres a 67 polara on page 16 in the readers rides and a 440 build in hot rod to the rescue in the new issue (which has a Camaro on the cover). On roadkill they road raced a 73 grand fury, put a gen2 hemi in a 55 chevy gasser (ongoing project), road tripped the Rumblebee,bought a 66 cuda from a junkyard and drag raced it, and built the General Mayhem using a 440 from a pace arrow motorhome and the 727 from the grand fury. They also ran an autocross with the rumblebee and general mayhem (among other things) vs a brand new Kia (and lost). They've also had more mopar feature cars recently, from a 383 powered 70 charger to a clone of Petty's 1964 Hemi powered NASCAR. I'm regaining faith in the GM-centric Hot Rod... and roadkill is just stupid fun.

So... opinions?

I read Hot Rod a lot from the 77-82 era. Along with Car Craft. Then switched to Popular Hot rodding up till 92 or so. I still have many of the issues. They did even back then run a fair amount of Mopar feature articles. The problem was they usually managed to interject some critisisim or negitave comment. Or would point out only "die-hard" Mopar fans existed. As if to say the rest of the modern world knew better than to Mopar. The covers they ran back in those days where so biased. To be honest they where big small block chevy fans. In other words I don't think they gave fans of GM's big block engines much luv either. When the "tuner" craze began in the early 90's I remember reading an editor or columnist whying that the kids no longer where interested in Camaro's anymore.

LOL they went through some big changes a couple years ago... and yes, they still do Camaro articles, which sucks. If every Camaro in the world burned to the ground tomorrow I'd be doing a happy dance...as long as they took the mustangs with them

They're getting away from SBCs and they even seem to be sick of LS engines...

they even seem to be sick of LS engines...

If they are sick of LS engines it must be due to an overdose.

Have any of y'all watched roadkill? Go for episode 23, the charger...

I ran across Roadkill on YT maybe two months ago and have since watched them all. Entertaining videos. A fair amount of Mopar action to boot.

Back