How about a derby build thread??

Explain a troll good fella, I'm a car guy just like you, I drive c body cars, i also restore cars. So your a bit invalid bud. Get over it. I work 60hrs a week. I buy every single car I own. They were all for sale and no one laid out the cash, so I did. End of story. I sell cars and parts all the time. Your little petty insults would only work if I wasnt a die hard car addict. Good to know your still watching though.

Explain a troll good fella, I'm a car guy just like you, I drive c body cars, i also restore cars. So your a bit invalid bud. Get over it. I work 60hrs a week. I buy every single car I own. They were all for sale and no one laid out the cash, so I did. End of story. I sell cars and parts all the time. Your little petty insults would only work if I wasnt a die hard car addict. Good to know your still watching though.
Go back and read your comments/replies, the majority are saying no thank you but you couldn't leave it alone, you kept running your mouth. I stated what no doubt some were thinking. I've come across other derby guys like you online, trying to rile up people who love these cars, just for the hell of it. Yes, it's your car, do whatever you want with it, surely there are other forums where derby guys discuss their need to destroy cars with perfectly good parts still on them. You'd make more money being a parts supplier, heck, some are well known and respected suppliers who get recommended any time someone needs something and we thank them for what they do. All the good you say you're doing, restoring cars, is undone every time you go out there and smash another Imperial or other old cars. But hey, keep doing what you do, go out there and break a leg, you'll never get it.

I get your typing alot, but your argument still has no logic in this situation. Come buy some cars and buy some parts they will all be available again sometime if the cars are rusty and have no titles but yet I still make all the good parts available. How does that make me a bad person? It just doesnt make sense.

Are you mad about these as well then??? First one WAS a real 71 duster 340 4 speed car. Was listed on iowa craigslist for over 1 month FOR FREE. I made the 4 hour trip for a bare shell with no title next thing you know hes loading up every possible part of the car that was in thr barn. Well can't use the car because no title no floor pans nothing. Everything was cut out. I cut roof off and scrapped it. The 70 valiant. again went to indiana and got that on Craigslist for $200. Slant 6 car I brought it home listed it. No bites. Cut front frame rails off and scrapped it. That was just one tiny tiny example. if I had a 300x300 warehouse I'd absolutely keep every car, every part and run it as a business but that's not realistic so stuff has to go. It's not just C bodies that go out with a bang rather than sitting to rot or hauled in for scrap for no reason

Screenshot_20220927-133140_Photos.jpg

Snapchat-194440357.jpg

Are you mad about these as well then??? First one WAS a real 71 duster 340 4 speed car. Was listed on iowa craigslist for over 1 month FOR FREE. I made the 4 hour trip for a bare shell with no title next thing you know hes loading up every possible part of the car that was in thr barn. Well can't use the car because no title no floor pans nothing. Everything was cut out. I cut roof off and scrapped it. The 70 valiant. again went to indiana and got that on Craigslist for $200. Slant 6 car I brought it home listed it. No bites. Cut front frame rails off and scrapped it. That was just one tiny tiny example. if I had a 300x300 warehouse I'd absolutely keep every car, every part and run it as a business but that's not realistic so stuff has to go. It's not just C bodies that go out with a bang rather than sitting to rot or hauled in for scrap for no reason

View attachment 560401

View attachment 560402
Most yards are open air operations, even in areas where it snows. You don't need a 300x300 building, just one big enough to store perishable parts.

Most yards are open air operations, even in areas where it snows. You don't need a 300x300 building, just one big enough to store perishable parts.
You don't understand Wisconsin winters, he'd need the building. I let my parts cars sit outside, and it does them no good.

I'm not one for destruction of a good car, but my clapped out piles of rust can be derbyed by someone if they want to, I'll get more money than I'd get at any yard, and the car will still end up there anyways. I have yet to sell one to a derby guy, they've just gone straight to the junkyard when I've picked them clean. I also have a car and a half in parts that I trip over every time I go to one of my storage units. I've listed the parts and no one has bought more than a few small items. Should I keep those parts forever in the hopes they eventually get sold, while letting whomever cleans up my mess when I'm dead, deal with it? I don't have the desirable fuselage parts, so they just sit and collect dust. At some point, you've got to do something with it, when is it finally okay to just get rid of it? I'd give it away for pennies if anyone was interested, it's not about the money, that's for sure.

I wish that was true crv. I had this car for sale for 3 years before I scrapped it early this year. Had a rusty roof, but that was it. rebuilt engine, trans, frontend and even had clean paperwork. I got what I had into it and nearly lost a friend over parting it out.

7ED7F6D5-2F1D-48AD-908F-E197DC415BD8.jpeg

9F7E8046-7BD7-4B98-9C7B-C121A68ACB33.jpeg

Last edited:
I learned my lesson on my last c-body. If it don't sell in the next month, this one gets parted next. I have limited storage and even less funds, so something has to go.

IMG_6568.JPG

IMG_6544.JPG

Didn't all of us see this thread heading in this direction from the begining?

I learned my lesson on my last c-body. If it don't sell in the next month, this one gets parted next. I have limited storage and even less funds, so something has to go.

View attachment 560409

View attachment 560410
Not enough people getting into the hobby and things are tough all over, the younger generation has more to be concerned about than spending money they don't have on fixing these big old cars. At least there quite a few nice ones still around.

Not enough people getting into the hobby and things are tough all over, the younger generation has more to be concerned about than spending money they don't have on fixing these big old cars. At least there quite a few nice ones still around.
That and most of the younger generation just don't care about cars like older generations. It's basic transportation to them, and that's it. It's always refreshing to see a younger person into old cars.

That and most of the younger generation just don't care about cars like older generations. It's basic transportation to them, and that's it. It's always refreshing to see a younger person into old cars.
Absolutely. Teach them young and they'll turn out alright.

You have to give credit to Isaiah, the young man restoring the 68 new Yorker, and it makes me proud to be part of a group that has chipped in and given him good advice and praise along his journey
Personally, I can't wait to see it finished

You have to give credit to Isaiah, the young man restoring the 68 new Yorker, and it makes me proud to be part of a group that has chipped in and given him good advice and praise along his journey
Personally, I can't wait to see it finished
Indeed, there are some young ones who are just as passionate about these old boats, my lad is one of them.

The hobby has changed a lot over the years, what was once junk is now desirable, I used to be into mustangs 64- 70 , ( had at least one of each year) I went to a car show over the weekend, a guy had a nice 67 coupe, I thought to myself, back in the day we'd have stripped that to fix up a fastback, back then when the shock towers or frame rails rusted out, they were junk, strip them for parts and off to the crushed, now people will spend thousands to fix up something I wouldn't even have bothered with
When I think of all the cars I've had, run the he'll out of and stripped or junked it makes me sick, the 60s era chevy, buicks, olds, Pontiac, ford, Plymouth, dodge, chrysler, (I even had a Pacer once upon a time) ,all not worth fixing and no wanted parts, that now would be worth a fortune
I blame shows like American pickers, now everyone that has a patina ( aka rusty) tri five, camaro or mustang thinks they're going to sell it and put their kids through college, only someone with more dollars than sense is going to buy a rusty hunk of car for 10k, put another 30k -50k in it, unless it's something really special and rare like an H code road runner, or a 300 letter car, or something they have always wanted
But I live in a city where if it isn't sitting on a concrete or blacktop pad, running and tagged, it gets a 30 day orange sticker and towed off
I currently have 2 cars ( beside the CRV daily driver) and in all the car shows I've been to haven't seen another of either, a 1964 Imperial, and a 79 pinto wagon ( YEA I know, but I've always had a soft spot for pintos) and in the words of Charlton Heston " they'll pry them from my cold dead hands"
One guy is running around my town that has a unicorn, I've only spotted it twice, and never gotten a good look at it, a 1960 Edsel, just under 3k ever produced

I wish that was true crv. I had this car for sale for 3 years before I scrapped it early this year. Had a rusty roof, but that was it. rebuilt engine, trans, frontend and even had clean paperwork. I got what I had into it and nearly lost a friend over parting it out.

View attachment 560407

View attachment 560408

I remember this one. Why didn't you just keep it and drive and enjoy it? Put some dog dish caps on it, fix the roof, and away ya go...

Not trying to stir any pots here!

This 62 300 coupe donor parts car will go along way help save this other 62 coupe 300. The sub frame will be swapped out and replaced slightly bent damaged frame. The coupe doors will be replaced by 63 doors with forklift damage. The front clip will go on the restorable 62 300. The clip will be replaced by a rusty unrestorable 61 Plymouth front clip. There will be ZERO usable parts left on this car.

Same as this 63 300 4dr.
I’ve used it for MANY parts for my 61s
Stripped it of anything use or value.
Sold a few parts to 63 owners.
Trading out nice sub frame with damaged 61 Plymouth sub.
Sheet metal is all bad.

Now I should just take the rusty shells to the scrap yard OR I can send them out in the derby for one last ride. (Johnny Cash RUSTY CAGE playing)
Again NO USABLE PARTS will be wrecked.
They are closing down another local dirt track speedway. I’m putting together a few 50s/60s vintage derby cars for what is called a relic class derby. A turn back the clock patriotic 50s themed July 4 BBQ,with with all day car show.
A band playing 50s music.
A 50s figure 8 race enduro
A FWD mini car derby
The main event relic 50s/60s demo derby
Followed by fireworks show!

A month later the 1961 speedway and fairgrounds
will be torn down to make way for a massive low income housing project…….

10D4E6C5-FCBF-4DE6-AFF7-0AA4F63A4A8D.jpeg

81731FFD-40E3-401D-961C-B98AFBF8C219.jpeg

364E0CC1-50AD-46CC-AD90-DA23B04AF58B.jpeg

DBFF7169-181C-4818-8126-05D689396CF1.jpeg

Back