How about a derby build thread??

We can't save them all, but this derby thing is just retarded. Yes, they supply parts, but what percentage of good parts are recycled as opposed to being smashed... Advertising parts on here is one thing, but boasting about smashing Imperials and then asking people who simply want to preserve them, if they want to see the destruction of a car many consider to be a good parts car at the very least, is looking for a reaction. Well, here's my reaction: you are being a dick, piss off.
Well someone always has to be the rude one. Pull your wallet out and come buy them all then. That will show how offended you really are. Im not boasting about anything what so ever. I restore cars as well as wreck the ones that arent worth fixing. Hell come buy my 67 imperial sedan daily driver while your at it, I'll sell that to.

I love A,B AND C body cars I own a couple of each but cheers to you buddy

Well someone always has to be the rude one. Pull your wallet out and come buy them all then. That will show how offended you really are. Im not boasting about anything what so ever. I restore cars as well as wreck the ones that arent worth fixing. Hell come buy my 67 imperial sedan daily driver while your at it, I'll sell that to.

Rude is coming on here with your derby crap. Another individual who does the same thing has parts I need advertised online, but won't be buying from him, it's the principle that matters.

Im out, I'll list parts somewhere else.

71174992-929508184060695-6036904025784320000-n.jpg

Last edited:
Owen 11X, you are correct. Don't listen to the haters!!! They are your cars to do with what you want. Better than letting them rust into the dirt for sure. Good luck and woop some butt with your Imperial.

Owen 11X, you are correct. Don't listen to the haters!!! They are your cars to do with what you want. Better than letting them rust into the dirt for sure. Good luck and woop some butt with your Imperial.
Some folks shpuld try enjoying life a little lol

I'm not going to comment on to derby or not to derby.
The F*BO forums are about the preservation of these cars not the destruction.
If you want to post parts for sale go for it, not sure anyone here cares about building a derby car.

Now on the other hand these cars are rotting into the ground as there just isn't enough interest in restoring them. In most cases you will never get your money back.

I could go on but there is no point.

Alan

Can argue both sides of this until we're blue in the face. Fact of the matter is these cars are only popular to us small gathering that likes them and like you said above there isnt enough people or money in the world to save them all. Everything is for sale, that's how I got them. Weather anyone likes derbying or not, its not going anywhere. At least the cars are being used and enjoyed rather than straight to the crusher where you dont get a chance at any of the parts.
Most of these cars have no titles and have rust and alot are stripped before I get them. Most car guys throughly enjoy all forms of motor sports and I certainly enjoy motorsports I can associate with hence the reason for posting here about this topic. They are cars you can connect with but not worth fixing. The 64 i posted above is sold $2500 to another derby guy. Im sorry your all so offended not fully sorry because i pay for pay for these cars and put my labor of love and sweat and money back into them but whatever. Truth is us derby guys pay more for a stripped rolling shell than most of you on this site pay for a whole complete car and you cannot argue that fact. I see it on here everyday trying to buy these parts cars for dirt cheap I get it we do to but we still pay 500-2500 for good cars to start with. Just beginning of the year there was an absolutely mint 64 imp 2 door on here in NM for $500 and I dont think it sold. I have a list on here of guys who buy my parts and the ones of you that are complaining and being *** holes that I'd rather crush the car in front of you than to sell you anything at this point. If it offends you. Pull out that wallet and bring some cash to save it until then gonna keep building the stockpile

Can argue both sides of this until we're blue in the face. Fact of the matter is these cars are only popular to us small gathering that likes them and like you said above there isnt enough people or money in the world to save them all. Everything is for sale, that's how I got them. Weather anyone likes derbying or not, its not going anywhere. At least the cars are being used and enjoyed rather than straight to the crusher where you dont get a chance at any of the parts.
Most of these cars have no titles and have rust and alot are stripped before I get them. Most car guys throughly enjoy all forms of motor sports and I certainly enjoy motorsports I can associate with hence the reason for posting here about this topic. They are cars you can connect with but not worth fixing. The 64 i posted above is sold $2500 to another derby guy. Im sorry your all so offended not fully sorry because i pay for pay for these cars and put my labor of love and sweat and money back into them but whatever. Truth is us derby guys pay more for a stripped rolling shell than most of you on this site pay for a whole complete car and you cannot argue that fact. I see it on here everyday trying to buy these parts cars for dirt cheap I get it we do to but we still pay 500-2500 for good cars to start with. Just beginning of the year there was an absolutely mint 64 imp 2 door on here in NM for $500 and I dont think it sold. I have a list on here of guys who buy my parts and the ones of you that are complaining and being *** holes that I'd rather crush the car in front of you than to sell you anything at this point. If it offends you. Pull out that wallet and bring some cash to save it until then gonna keep building the stockpile

the ones of you that are complaining and being *** holes that I'd rather crush the car in front of you than to sell you anything at this point. If it offends you. Pull out that wallet and bring some cash to save it until then gonna keep building the

What was that about being rude?...Thought you were 'out'... Just like the dickhead who crushed the Dodge Charger, 'that'll show 'em!' :rolleyes:

What's to figure out, Dont follow the thread or any of my sale ads. Thanks
Whaddayaknow?, the troll who didn't like being trolled!, except you appear to be one chromosome short to qualify.

Well hey. I appreciate that my 3yo son has autism so I greatly appreciate your uncalled for insults. Over a car. Dont get much more pathetic than that sir.

Well hey. I appreciate that my 3yo son has autism so I greatly appreciate your uncalled for insults. Over a car. Dont get much more pathetic than that sir.
You call people assholes, well, there you have it. Don't bring your kid into the discussion.

well this took an ugly turn. I have a car nobody wants, so I would love to see parts go somewhere instead of being crushed. I tried selling it whole, but nobody want to step up and save it, so I would agree with you on derby it if you can't sell it or if it's too trashed. This happened the same to us when nobody wanted to buy bodies of cars, but did nothing to save them either. I still remember the 300 HURST that went to the dirt track becaue nobody wanted to spend $900 for the car body.

IMG_2311.JPG

IMG_2312.JPG

Oh man crv is gonna bash you now to :lol: give em one last ride for sure! Better than people who let them rot into the ground for no reason at all. I'll start a new thread when I start new builds for those of you who messaged me asking to see what goes into one of these builds.

Oh man crv is gonna bash you now to :lol: give em one last ride for sure! Better than people who let them rot into the ground for no reason at all. I'll start a new thread when I start new builds for those of you who messaged me asking to see what goes into one of these builds.
Proved my point once again, 2/3 of a troll you are champ.

I still remember the 300 HURST that went to the dirt track becaue nobody wanted to spend $900 for the car body.
That's too bad. Many cars have gone that way and now people lament the fact that some of them are sought after and worth a bit of money and wish they had kept them. Those that did/could stash them away have done very well.

Back