how different is a 65 polara from a 66 polara

monaco

Reaction score
I have a 66 monaco and need a parts car. is a 65 much different than a 66? I dont need body parts, mainly need a car to reference trim and fasteners etc.

If you are talking Monaco then yes..trim from 65 is different from 66. You have to consider that the 65 Monaco was the first of it's kind. Took me almost 2 years to find the trim for the passenger side quarter panel. What trim are needing to reference?

Most of the interior trim (minus console and seats mainly) is the same. As far as exterior, if I remember correctly, the side mirror and door handles are the same. Virtually everything on the exterior (trim and sheet metal) is different.

You also have to keep in mind that the US cars are trimmed different than Canadian Polaras.

The Cdn models used Fury dash interior parts plus the under stub frame is the fury stub frame using the shorter torsion bars.

Also is you are looking to use body panels the front fenders are different as well as the outer inner fenders.
I have a pair of like new inner outer fenders for a 65 that will not fit my 66
Bumpers and grill are different as well but these are obvious differences.
Tail lights are different in appearance but may have the same fit in the rear of the body shell

The 65 also has the cable shift 727 transmission compared to the 66 having the linkage shift 727's

ok thanks guys.The reason im asking is I have found a few 65 polaras but finding it hard to find a 66. i guess i need to keep looking for the 66 parts car.

There was a 66 for sale in Lindsay but the seller wouldn't get me the proper underside shots I was looking for.
The interior looked pretty good if I recall. the hood was munched on it

There was some interior trim I wanted but buying the entire car less engine & transmission , was a bit too steep for me to justify since I had a hard time getting pics of the underside of the car which is what I was primarily interested in.

I found the email through my smart phone :) an have emailed the seller to see if it is still available.
Keep your fingers crossed!

Back