How does Rockauto work???

The patrons are just leaving a tip commensurate for the time when that $25 meal used to cost $15 (tip not included). Old habits?

In my younger and more affluent days, I felt that a $2 tip was the default mode for the most basic type of customer service (smile and "Thank You" included). When the suggested tip amount got to be 30% in more recent time, service didn't improve, generally. Then came the recession many didn't grow up in, so my tip amounts became more conservative, but I also transitioned into places where tips weren't required. Same basic product, more self-service, a nice utility-dining experience.

Used to be that a nice meal (to me) cost about $15.00+ tip. End result, right at $20.00 for myself. Now those $15.00 meals are close to $20 without the tip. Same service, or worse.

On the other hand, there was one place I used to go. Nice medium-priced local chain. Service was outstanding, usually with the same server. I felt very good having gone there, so I started to increase the amount of the tips, significantly so, to reward the server (hopefully). Usually once a month. After that first time, the server continued the great service. Usually the same server in later visits, too. I was on the radar, and others offered the same outstanding service, for the same higher tip level. But things changed and I couldn't afford that any more, then that original server left, as did the others, it seemed. Back to normal . . .

Applebees noted a while back that after they put the credit card pay kiosks on the individual tables, that tip levels increased to over the suggested amounts. Interesting . . .

CBODY67

But is the gasoline cheaper on the northbound side of the highway than on the southbound side?

When those "northern beverage" pallets are empty, will they be recycled or donated to an "environmental defense/relief fund" charity? End result, those that left them there don't have to carry them home.

CBODY67
That's the problem, stuff goes to Florida nothing comes back. It's a one way street. So yeah I'm not taking a load to Florida unless it pays well enough to deadhead back out because 99.5% of the time that's what you are doing. The LTL carriers feel this also.
I live in between I80 and I70 I have ordered from Jegs and Summit at 8pm and it has been on my porch by 3 pm the next day. Same as with any other business, location, location, location.
Yes I know Summit has a center in Georgia, no offense to all the good people of Georgia, but if you went any slower your clocks would go backwards.

Getting Back to Rockauto, They do serve a purpose, But Now they are charging a Sales Tax. I go online and look for Advance Discount codes for at least 25% off and pick up at my local store. Also get the Advance rewards .Yes there is a sales tax ,but No Shipping. Just Sayin'

Getting Back to Rockauto, They do serve a purpose, But Now they are charging a Sales Tax. I go online and look for Advance Discount codes for at least 25% off and pick up at my local store. Also get the Advance rewards .Yes there is a sales tax ,but No Shipping. Just Sayin'

If they don't, your state will ask you to cough it up at tax time. Not a question if but when.
Again, shipping is the price of doing business. The guys and gals in the brown, white, and red white and blue trucks don't work for free. Someones gotta pay for the fuel and upkeep as well.

For "ages", one of the tax auditor's things is items bought for a business from out of state, where no state sales tax is collected. TX and Amazon went through that a few years ago. "Tax Revenue Not Received" is how they look at it. Even for swap meet parts sold, if you want to get picky about it.

Jeff, trying dealing with the commercial manager at Advance Auto. That is the professional parts guy in the store you should be talking to. If you are talking to a 19 year part timer on the front counter you are asking for frustration and the wrong part.
Been there, done that... not all of them are so bright either...some stores the requirement to move over is the ability to speak spanish.

Back