How many 1970 300 convertibles are left in the USA?

my favorite:For Sale - 1970 300 convertible
300 black.jpg

@ayilar, any statistics from the “last convertibles” thread? I’ve tried to go through it, but always get distracted by the beautiful cars, lol.
Nope. I have only very partial records for Fury and Chrysler 'verts.

On the Polara side, things are better thanks to @polara71 -- but even there, we have records for just over 100 of 842 'verts made (total, including USA / Canada / others). Polara Dave started compiling a spreadsheet many years ago with detailed info about all the ragtops that he encountered. He made the Excel sheet available by uploading it on the now-defunct Yahoo Polara & Monaco board about 15 years ago, from where I downloaded it about 5 years ago. I have added info to it (about 60 more cars), and he also has kept gathering information on his side. One day, he'll fire up the computer on which his updated info now resides and we can combine his and my records (and those of @71Polara383, who has a lot of info too).

We have maybe 5 of them here in Finland, certainly more in Sweden, but how many are left in the USA?
Do you have information on those Scandinavian-homed cars? I have 5 in my files, including yours (CM27T0C149216), and would love to see more/get more info about the others.

I know of a DR8 U-code in Finland that went there from CA in 2013 and was put up for resale (still within Finland) back in June 2021:
1696095476211.png

Here is CM27T0C210530, a rare Tor Red that was sold years ago to Finland:

1696095750875.png

Here is a third 300 'vert in Finland of which I know, this one a Hurst clone that was for sale in April of last year (we know about it thanks to @330dTA ):
1696096361401.png

PS: I found a fifth one, this one red with side moldings that do not belong on a 1970 300. It was up for sale in May 2017 and tagged for FCBO by @Slantsix

300 avo 2.jpg

Last edited:
I have no new info on the Tor-Red one. It might still be in a project stage. As far as I know, it needed a lot of work.

I suspect there are more than five ’70 300 vert’s in Finland. They pop up for sale from time to time. My guesstimate would be between 10 to 15 cars.

I suspect there are more than five ’70 300 vert’s in Finland. They pop up for sale from time to time. My guesstimate would be between 10 to 15 cars.
Would be great if you could rummage through your files and post info about them -- fender tags would be the cherry on the cake!

Edit: I added a fifth one, red this time. Know about it?

Last edited:
Would be great if you could rummage through your files and post info about them -- fender tags would be the cherry on the cake!

Edit: I added a fifth one, red this time. Know about it?
Unfortunately I do not have filed any info on them. I note them when they come and go, but i would need to see them to get the fender tag info.

The red car with the ’70/’71 New Yorker side mouldings is a mix and match of different cars. It is registered as a 1973 Newport, so I suppose that is where they started the transformation with.
The regulations regarding that kind of rebuilds is kind of vague. You are allowed to change only something like 30% of the parts, but after a certain number of years the countdown starts from zero.
By the way, the last time I saw that car it was B3 arctic blue…

330dTA, I wrote that here in Finland are about five 1970 yearmodel's 300-convertibles. Do you really mean that here are those cars 10-15 pcs?

Do you have information on those Scandinavian-homed cars? I have 5 in my files, including yours (CM27T0C149216), and would love to see more/get more info about the others.
I know of a DR8 U-code in Finland that went there from CA in 2013 and was put up for resale (still within Finland) back in June 2021:
View attachment 619916

Here is CM27T0C210530, a rare Tor Red that was sold years ago to Finland:

View attachment 619917

Here is a third 300 'vert in Finland of which I know, this one a Hurst clone that was for sale in April of last year (we know about it thanks to @330dTA ):
View attachment 619918

PS: I found a fifth one, this one red with side moldings that do not belong on a 1970 300. It was up for sale in May 2017 and tagged for FCBO by @Slantsix

View attachment 619933

I found a few:

https://www.nettiauto.com/chrysler/300/13688645
and
https://www.nettiauto.com/chrysler/300/13374454

They were sold through nettiauto.com

I don’t actively keep track of these cars, even though I value them highly. As I wrote, I suspect there are more than five in Finland nowadays. Perhaps ten, perhaps even more.
One that has not been mentioned here was light beige one with tan interior. (Almost white, but not Spinnaker white). It was displayed in the ”US Car Show” in Helsinki some years ago, in fine shape, and was for sale then. No info on the fender tag, sorry.

I have seen several 300 verts from Finland in the last 15+ years at car shows in sweden like Västeras.

We have a bunch of them down here, too in germany

Carsten

chatted with a friend of mine. We have currently at least 10 Chrysler 300 verts in germany

Carsten

Thanks for the information. So there are a fair amount of them in Europe.
a minimum of ten 1970s in germany, could be up to 20.
At least another 20 in sweden.
You wrote about Finland. Then there is Norway.
And Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, switzerland, France etc.

So a total number around 50-60 of 1970 Chrysler 300 verts in europe is easily possible.

Carsten

Back