How many 1971 Plymouth Sport Fury GT"s are left ?

Have we seen this GJ4 before? Found it on Reddit.

View attachment 568498

I know that car very well. It’s probably the lowest option GT. Only option was a/c. It had a bench seat. This car is now with my former B7 & white ‘71 GT and a ‘70 GT in Idaho. The pictured GT was in Connecticut for a long time, was a solid southern car that underwent a high quality restoration.

Here is PP23U1D173938 -- a GA8 SFGT that I saw at @sixpkrt 's 2021 C-Body Show (see photos below). The owner is @Supercarexecutive
and was a fun guy to talk to; he has posted some very nice photos here (thank you @70 Sport Suburban ).

IMG_1103.JPG

IMG_1112.JPG

Last edited:
PP23U1D173953 was for sale on eBay back in 2017. There is whole thread about it here.

1669088942975.png

1669088926929.png

Safe an warm with well known C-Body collector.
I know that car very well. It’s probably the lowest option GT. Only option was a/c. It had a bench seat. This car is now with my former B7 & white ‘71 GT and a ‘70 GT in Idaho. The pictured GT was in Connecticut for a long time, was a solid southern car that underwent a high quality restoration.

Is this the same guy that owns the GT Im thinking of?

I'm keeping the thread alive. This one is in Minnesota I believe. When I finally met Billy Fury at Carlisle he mentioned this one to me. Autumn Bronze metallic. Strange that it doesn't have the fender echelons though. PP23U1D167999
autumn bronze 71 GT.PNG

That is a sweet lookin ride in that color!

Is that a wind screen I see on the front of the hood?

These big ugly bumperguards.....also a dealer option i guess ?
Or factory on the buildsheet ?

Insurance companies gave discounts for "5mph bumpers" and bumper guards! Today we have plasticbumpers that are damaged by the lightest touch and must be repaired as they break in pieces. This is PROGRESS!!???
Just sayin'! Lindsay

Who owns the GTs in Idaho ? I would love to look them over. !

There is guy in Idaho that owns 3 GT’s, 2 of which are ‘71’s. I don’t believe that he is on FCBO Zander I’m not sure if he wants his information public. He shows a bright green ‘71 GT with white stripes.

There is guy in Idaho that owns 3 GT’s, 2 of which are ‘71’s. I don’t believe that he is on FCBO Zander I’m not sure if he wants his information public. He shows a bright green ‘71 GT with white stripes.
Do you know if he is in the Boise area ? If so Im sure we have crossed paths .

Back