How not to sell a car. WTH? Rant!!

Video:

8843E1E5-1540-4BD9-A0AB-75D68FD5E119.jpeg

13165247-C153-4FDD-9D98-C20E54C013FF.jpeg

With such low mileage, there must be a story associated with this car (every old car has a story). Do you know anything about why it was hardly ever driven and how / why it ended up in your possession?
I’m trying to investigate all that.
So far what I have is that the owner of the car gave it to her uncle in ‘98…her mom bought the car new and died shortly thereafter. At that time it had sat in storage for many years and did not run. It had 9600 miles on it then. He got it running but didn’t drive it much. In 2013 he died. it was sold to a local car enthusiast who took it to car shows and drove it enough to rack up close to 11k. He fell ill in recent years and the car sat outside and it’s condition declined. He died early this year and the car was included in an estate sale for his property and everything on it.
The guy who purchased the property wanted nothing to do with the car and sold it to me. And I don’t feel the best myself.

Last edited:
I’m trying to investigate all that.
So far what I have is that the owner of the car gave it to her uncle in ‘98…her mom bought the car new and died shortly thereafter. At that time it had sat in storage for many years and did not run. It had 9600 miles on it then. He got it running but didn’t drive it much. In 2013 he died. it was sold to a local car enthusiast who took it to car shows and drove it enough to rack up close to 11k. He fell ill in recent years and the car sat outside and it’s condition declined. He died early this year and the car was included in an estate sale for his property and everything on it.
The guy who purchased the property wanted nothing to do with the car and sold it to me. And I don’t feel the best myself.

Wow! Sounds like you better hurry up and sell that car. Standard FCBO offer? :poke:

Getting back to the original posting and rant. In everyone's opinion, what is the acceptable amount of time for a response?

I'm currently waiting for a response to an ad for a local formal Newport. But it's almost been almost 2 weeks now. And this particular seller has a quick response notation on their seller profile. Should I give up or try another message.

Should I give up or try another message.
i went after a car for maybe six months here in ct. craigslist ad, e-mail only. e-mailed, no reply. ad would disappear. come back up. more e-mails, nothing. car was going to be for missus so i told her to try. she did something with her phone. i don't know what 'cause i don't have a phone and don't know how they work. she gets an immediate reply. we bought the car next day.

Getting back to the original posting and rant. In everyone's opinion, what is the acceptable amount of time for a response?

I'm currently waiting for a response to an ad for a local formal Newport. But it's almost been almost 2 weeks now. And this particular seller has a quick response notation on their seller profile. Should I give up or try another message.
Personal choice for each of us of course, and I acknowledge sometimes circumstances are extenuating. And sh*t happens randomly.

That said, my philosophy is I never chase a seller.

I don't have marketplace "stats", but no/"trifling"/BS responses to 2-3 (maybe over 2-3 days) to my polite inquiries, that seller will NEVER hear from me again. 100% of the time that's my response. 40 years in practice for me.

My experience is it's gong be a crap deal anyway, more trouble to complete than its worth to me. Good communication, in my experience, is HIGHLY correlated to probability of deal success.

They wont be happy with me, and I definately wont be happy with them/whatever they are hawking, so no need to waste time if on the front end we are not able to communicate.

Again, assuming NO extenuating circumstances (health issues, flood, hurricane, blizzard, other "acts of God", etc) on my end and/or theirs.

I can take "NO, for an answer", but I can't tolerate "NO ANSWER".

FTS!

Back