How not to sell a car. WTH? Rant!!

350. I always end up with the more budget-friendly models! At least this one has AC though.
This guy is pretty communicative. . Probably full of ****, but I can deal with that. Lie to me and rip me off, you’ll not be getting a virgin!

Depending on the miles on the engine, it will need a timing chain and gears. Oldsmobile used aluminum/nylon cam gear like most manufactures.

Mine looked like this, but with light green vinyl top and interior. 1974-pontiac-grand-am-folder-01.jpg

Always liked those GM colonnade cars; the Pontiac Grand Am was my favorite.
I like about all of the GM A-body platform in 73. In 74 they started looking more formal in my opinion.
I’m getting ready to look at this one shortly.

The owner was mistaken about the size of the engine. That’s all I’m gonna say right now. Stay tuned!

CALL.ME.BUB.jpg

He he... I wud'da texted him back "OK ur a BUB! as in bub'bye"

LOL

I hear ya, I get it all the time from the younger (and not so younger) generation.
See the grey haired guy? He's the know it all answer man for all your stupid questions!
It doesn't take long when I go out in public to feel I'm in everybody's way wherever I go.
Just the other day while just entering the supermarket I see strawberries are on a knock down sale price. I wasn't into looking at more than 2 packages to find the ripest ones and there is some 50+ year old fuckwit at my backside wanting to get in there, I turn my head and said ffs I'm in the store for 60 seconds and I'm already in your way?
The strawberries sucked BTW.

Younger people think everyone older than them is at their 'Beck & Call'.

I have friends and ex-coworkers that don't do texting at all (paranoid) Then others that get pissed that you don't have your phone in your hand every second of the day and text them back immediately. It's hilarious when I go out to see just about everyone with phone in they're hand as they are driving/walking/shopping... fluck'in eh what a addiction. The best one's are the one's that go shopping and have a endless ongoing partner spat on the phone for all to hear (speakerphone) I just stop and stare/glare...

Even long ago at the beginning of the computer age I'd get emails or IM's from my girlfriend with just 'Call me'... I'd answer back " 'bout what?" LOLOLOLOL Granted this was in dialup days and the computer modem was on the phone line 24/7 but the IM would come through the FireTalk app which was just like a little cellphone and had voice messaging and she lived just out of state and long distance charges apply and I wasn't paying money to hear her ***** 'bout her kids & ex-husband.

I guess it all boils down to manners, years ago I'd have a senior of 15 years to me just come over and knock on my door with "come on let's go, quit ******* around on that computer", I'm like "Go where?" he tells me "out too the track I want to see if they got my Daytona 500 tickets yet" I go oh boy, lets go... then when we get outside I look and go "Where's your truck?". He said "I walked over here" (like 5 miles from his beachside condo) so off we go on a 20 minute walk from my place to the track. It's kind of my fault as I suggested that when he retired is to do a lot of walking to not get too sedentary, but he's just as bad as if I agree to meet him at the breakfast joint and I'm 5 minutes late, oh boy never hear the end of it.

Just the other morning doing the early morning supermarket run some drugged up low-life approaches me and asked me what time it is (ice breaker) I respond 'Day Time' he didn't get too riled up at that (some do) but kind of tried to explain he had no cellphone to tell the time and explained he thought it was around 11am to 2pm. I shake my head and said as I'm pointing "Look at the sun man, it's like 8:30ish" Gotta love the crackheads that prowl the streets 24/7 around here. Then he try's to make a little chit-chat as I'm putting my quarter in the shopping cart about how hot it is... I'm like 'always happens 'bout this time of year, where you from?' He's said he born & raised here, my answer to that is the standard "Well I guess you have a bon-a-fide excuse for being a idiot then..." but I refrained as the cart was unlocked and I was headed into the store. laff

What else?... I could go on...

:soapbox::BangHead:

This went great. Owner was my age(55) and accommodating. Very nice transaction! He was wrong about it being a 350….but I let it go.

7936CF2A-B3E4-4F59-BCAB-CB7D7E9D496D.jpeg

8EDCB2AB-075D-4210-B3C6-A5A20ACAB587.jpeg

8F532C37-F1A3-42E1-A7F3-B2CB2CF7F44A.jpeg

49C22473-D5ED-4B93-B477-349BDADB16B3.jpeg

View attachment 604598

He he... I wud'da texted him back "OK ur a BUB! as in bub'bye"

LOL

I hear ya, I get it all the time from the younger (and not so younger) generation.
See the grey haired guy? He's the know it all answer man for all your stupid questions!
It doesn't take long when I go out in public to feel I'm in everybody's way wherever I go.
Just the other day while just entering the supermarket I see strawberries are on a knock down sale price. I wasn't into looking at more than 2 packages to find the ripest ones and there is some 50+ year old fuckwit at my backside wanting to get in there, I turn my head and said ffs I'm in the store for 60 seconds and I'm already in your way?
The strawberries sucked BTW.

Younger people think everyone older than them is at their 'Beck & Call'.

I have friends and ex-coworkers that don't do texting at all (paranoid) Then others that get pissed that you don't have your phone in your hand every second of the day and text them back immediately. It's hilarious when I go out to see just about everyone with phone in they're hand as they are driving/walking/shopping... fluck'in eh what a addiction. The best one's are the one's that go shopping and have a endless ongoing partner spat on the phone for all to hear (speakerphone) I just stop and stare/glare...

Even long ago at the beginning of the computer age I'd get emails or IM's from my girlfriend with just 'Call me'... I'd answer back " 'bout what?" LOLOLOLOL Granted this was in dialup days and the computer modem was on the phone line 24/7 but the IM would come through the FireTalk app which was just like a little cellphone and had voice messaging and she lived just out of state and long distance charges apply and I wasn't paying money to hear her ***** 'bout her kids & ex-husband.

I guess it all boils down to manners, years ago I'd have a senior of 15 years to me just come over and knock on my door with "come on let's go, quit ******* around on that computer", I'm like "Go where?" he tells me "out too the track I want to see if they got my Daytona 500 tickets yet" I go oh boy, lets go... then when we get outside I look and go "Where's your truck?". He said "I walked over here" (like 5 miles from his beachside condo) so off we go on a 20 minute walk from my place to the track. It's kind of my fault as I suggested that when he retired is to do a lot of walking to not get too sedentary, but he's just as bad as if I agree to meet him at the breakfast joint and I'm 5 minutes late, oh boy never hear the end of it.

Just the other morning doing the early morning supermarket run some drugged up low-life approaches me and asked me what time it is (ice breaker) I respond 'Day Time' he didn't get too riled up at that (some do) but kind of tried to explain he had no cellphone to tell the time and explained he thought it was around 11am to 2pm. I shake my head and said as I'm pointing "Look at the sun man, it's like 8:30ish" Gotta love the crackheads that prowl the streets 24/7 around here. Then he try's to make a little chit-chat as I'm putting my quarter in the shopping cart about how hot it is... I'm like 'always happens 'bout this time of year, where you from?' He's said he born & raised here, my answer to that is the standard "Well I guess you have a bon-a-fide excuse for being a idiot then..." but I refrained as the cart was unlocked and I was headed into the store. laff

What else?... I could go on...

:soapbox::BangHead:

1688409030892.png

Marty, how in the hell do you find all these low mileage classics?? Glad you were pleasantly surprised with the torque monster under the hood! Im still having dreams about Mickey n how to get it from you.

Cool ... a stump puller! Good find.

When you said it wasnt the Rocket 350, the only other original factory mill was the 455. Looking forward to where you go with this one from time to time in another thread maybe.?

Of course its not this, but dunno how the Olds W-30 crowd missed this one as a potential organ donor. Anyway, hope you keep it intact if that's path for it.

:thumbsup:

1688410378390.png

Turn Heads In A Rare 1973 Oldsmobile Hurst Cutlass W-30

I came across this cool F/S Buick awhile back. If I remember right they wanted $800 for it.
350 Buick with 3 speed manual on the tree. Radio delete. Not running.
Some sort of police service car?
0CE27B24-64B1-4249-98EF-0CBE4FF94EDE.jpeg

buicks "hot A" was the Century "Stage 1" in 73.

I think the cop sleds would have been LeSabre (a GM "b" I think) with a 455 but '73 may be been the last MY buick was in fleet (Chevy and Pontiac were still in past '73 for sure).

'72 LeSabre Police
thumbnail (1).jpg

could your example (was it a "73 too?) have been a "fleet" offering? Dunno my GM's well enough, but they were still in the fleet business then so that A body Century three-on-the tree plain jane could have been one too.

GM may still have have had manual A's, whether fleet or not in '73(?)

https://www.oldcarsweekly.com/features/car-of-the-week-1973-buick-gran-sport-stage-1
1688412520848.png
1688413132076.png

Marty, how in the hell do you find all these low mileage classics?? Glad you were pleasantly surprised with the torque monster under the hood! Im still having dreams about Mickey n how to get it from you.
I’m looking for them constantly! It’s an addiction! This one is pretty nice.

I came across this cool F/S Buick awhile back. If I remember right they wanted $800 for it.
350 Buick with 3 speed manual on the tree. Radio delete. Not running.
Some sort of police service car?
View attachment 604611
Well, Theo Kojak had one, but I bet it was an automatic.

The 455 in my 5000 lb '73 Toronado was quick, this one's gotta be something! My Grand Am had the 400, it was strangled by the New emissions controls that year.

Last edited:
Cool ... a stump puller! Good find.

When you said it wasnt the Rocket 350, the only other original factory mill was the 455. Looking forward to where you go with this one from time to time in another thread maybe.?

Of course its not this, but dunno how the Olds W-30 crowd missed this one as a potential organ donor. Anyway, hope you keep it intact if that's path for it.

:thumbsup:

View attachment 604610
Turn Heads In A Rare 1973 Oldsmobile Hurst Cutlass W-30
I’ve wondered far enough off subject on this thread. I’ll stick to the “for c bodies only” theme here. Keep an eye on my YouTube channel for more on the Oldsmobile!

Back