How rare is it?

Looks like he's already planning on flipping this car over on the B body site.
It would be a shame to see another one leave the country.

I figured that from the way the thread was going. The original post was leading that way

A sure give away every time is when a newbie asks for "how many were made"
C-body guys never ask this question because they all know it's a moot point.

yes, but not nice enough for my liking.......not only is finding a car tough, but then you find the right car and the title is a mess, nobody understands how bad PA is, they think they can just hand me a title that's in someone else's name with no notarization.

Maybe i just need to move

I know what you mean... my NY'er came from York, Pa. I had to get a temporary tag to drive it back to Maryland. The car dealer said "ah sh*t, I better go with you or you'll be in Pa. for a week". I was the only one in the place and it took 2 hours to get a temporary tag. The holdup...no record of the title in their system even though I had the original Pa. title from 1978.

well, the reference on the b body site was for a '69 300 conv, and my guess is that it's the same car.

well, the reference on the b body site was for a '69 300 conv, and my guess is that it's the same car.

You think this is the same car.......?
To bad this guy couldn't be a little more up front about the deal.... There are folks here who would love a chance at it, or might be able to help with correct information. I understand the desire to turn a profit, thats part of what these old cars are all about.

plymouth67

United%20States.GIF

icon1.gif

I may have a 69 Chrysler 300 conv. for sale before too much longer.It is all there and all metal ,runs and drives. 440 auto. Let me know if this may interest you and we may be able to work something out.

yeah, not many around, they are way cheaper than a or b bodies but I enjoy the bigger cars a lot more...must be the fact that i drove big cars durin g most of my early driving life.

bluefury361......guessing that it might be, have not seen any other reference to a 300 rag by plymouth67 anywhere.
plymouth67, can you clarify/set us straight?

bluefury361......guessing that it might be, have not seen any other reference to a 300 rag by plymouth67 anywhere.

It was "plymouth67" who started this thread to pick out brains on the rarity and value of a C body. Said he was active on the A & B body sites. Then the "might soon have one for sale" response in the wanted forum at FBBO site posted by "plymouth67" appeared...... Think it's a coincidence....?

I don't blame a guy for flipping a car for profit.... Just seems like a colvert way of doing it....You even straight up asked if he was going to buy or pass. Those A, B & E body guys must think us "OLE" C body guys are stupid.

Last edited:
Before I clear the air on the car I want to clear the air on something else!

It was "plymouth67" who started this thread to pick out brains on the rarity and value of a C body. Said he was active on the A & B body sites. Then the "might soon have one for sale" response in the wanted forum at FBBO site posted by "plymouth67" appeared...... Think it's a coincidence....?

I don't blame a guy for flipping a car for profit.... Just seems like a colvert way of doing it....You even straight up asked if he was going to buy or pass. Those A, B & E body guys must think us "OLE" C body guys are stupid.
Just for the record I have never or will I ever refer to c body owners as stupid....last time I checked a,b,c, and e bodies were all still mopar and we are in this hobby together...you are not my wife please don't put words in my mouth...doesn't matter if you drive a k car or a hemi car its still a mopar. Now....... I do own the car and as of right now it is not for sale.... Doesn't mean it won't be soon. I joined this sight to get info on the cars options etc. If I thought c body guys were stupid I wouldn't ask there opinions. So any info will be appreciated. The 300 is not my usual thing but I respect it for what it is....a very cool and luxurious part of mopar history.......Thanks.

I joined this sight to get info on the cars options etc. So any info will be appreciated. The 300 is not my usual thing but I respect it for what it is....a very cool and luxurious part of mopar history.......Thanks.

yes, these cars are second to none in driving comfort when it comes to classic cars

and what was i exactly that you want to know abt options......your initial posting wasn't very specific. and I'd love to see a fen tag pic or a list of the codes on it. the vent window power option is a super rare option, 8 traCK Is somewhat rare, auto dimming brights is rare too, the other options, not so much. My '70 polara conv had elec locks and headlight off delay, the stuff i will prob never find on another polara convertible!

And if you do decide to sell, let me know, I am still in the mkt for a car as of right now.

Last edited:
very interesting......not loaded, but has a nice combo of options and a few rare ones........I'll bet this car was special ordered by the dealership. early car too, oct 6th.

thanks for sharing the pic....

I havent......that tag is all over the map. The codes should be in alpha order after the V3W and why was the car built in Jefferson? I thought ALL 1970 c body convertibles were built in Belvedere. No C55 code for the buckets but a C16 console code?

Something is :dontknow:.............................:thinker:

Last edited:
Judging from the rust on the radiator support and the other photos I gotta believe this car is below the 5k money line. More pictures please .....

Back