How rare is it?

plymouth67

Reaction score
Hey guys!!! Newbie on c bodies but have been a member on fabo and fbbo for a while. Im trying to find out how rare a 1970 300 convertible I came across is. I know they made 1077 of these in 1970 but I have never seen one with all the options this one has. It has the base 440 in it but it has power seat, power windows, power top, power antenna, auto dimming brights,auto climate control,cruise control, buckets and console, and it even has a sure grip in it. It also has tremote trunk release, power wing windows, am fm 8 track, dual ash trays in the dash and a cigarette lighter in the console. I have seen a few of these around but not like this one. The car is in good shape and onlt has 89,400 miles on it. Just wondering how rare it is with all the options and what it might be worth. Thanks...

Options do add to value but without knowing the condition of the car it is IMPOSSIBLE to give a value.

With all those options I am surprised not to see the higher 440 under the hood. One fender tag or two? With the remote trunk release and sure grip it sounds like it has the towing package.

Photos would be nice........ Rare? No one is going to tell you how many they made because no one knows

The car is in good shape and onlt has 89,400 miles on it. Just wondering how rare it is with all the options and what it might be worth. Thanks...[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a great car but would need more information, (fender tag or buildsheet), and pictures to even make a guess. Not a lot of the 69-70 convertibles were built but there seems to be a fairly high survival rate, probably because they were expensive when new and usually not abused. Highly optioned cars are not that unusual either. This one sounds like it's well equipped.

The "how much is it worth" question is kicked around a lot. The big C bodys have not acheived the popularity of the B, E and even the A bodys, even though you get a much nicer car to drive the "image" is lacking.
My thought is that if you like the car and can afford it..... Go for it. You won't regret it. If not..... post pictures and contact info so somebody who will really appreciate it can have a shot at it.

Last edited:
that figures........i look all over, but everybody else finds the stuff

Welcome aboard!
:hatwave:
What is he asking for it? Post pictures please. Everyone on this site would appreciate seeing it.

Here are a couple pics.

85,111 of those miles were put on it before 1975. It still wears a set of Sears bias ply tires on it....lol.

IMAG0289.jpg

IMAG0290.jpg

IMAG0291.jpg

I know.......I saw this post and I thought of you. So make a deal, you like red.

I know.......I saw this post and I thought of you. So make a deal, you like red.

cannot do anything yet......not sure if it is for sale, or if plymouth67 is going to buy it, or what the underside/interior of it looks like, or if the drivetrain is orig, or what cond the top is in or if it works, and so on........need to see a lot more pics first and talk to the owner if it is available.

I'm trying, but it's not easy. guess i should not be in a hurry now since the summer is shot anyway.
And my first preference is a Polara.

Ahh.... I knew someone that had 2 nice ones a month ago...

yes, but not nice enough for my liking.......not only is finding a car tough, but then you find the right car and the title is a mess, nobody understands how bad PA is, they think they can just hand me a title that's in someone else's name with no notarization.

Maybe i just need to move

no worries.......i will win the war, those are just a few casualties.

Dave is benefitting more than anyone from my search......the registry is piling up

and I get that car in vandergrift is loaded up too

yes, but not nice enough for my liking.......not only is finding a car tough, but then you find the right car and the title is a mess, nobody understands how bad PA is, they think they can just hand me a title that's in someone else's name with no notarization.

Maybe i just need to move

I understand, been there done that in PA. It's a total mess.

no worries.......i will win the war, those are just a few casualties.

Dave is benefitting more than anyone from my search......the registry is piling up

and I get that car in vandergrift is loaded up too

Yes Mark, since your search began I probably added ten cars and 500 photos.......Vandergrift is coming. I am thinking about taking a ride to N Jersey this Saturday and knocking on the door of someone who once owned a survivor polara in 1998. I dont think they are there but I gotta ask around.

The car is matching numbers all the way down to the carb. The top is no good but it still works. Floors are solid as is the trunk.

Yes Mark, since your search began I probably added ten cars and 500 photos.......Vandergrift is coming. I am thinking about taking a ride to N Jersey this Saturday and knocking on the door of someone who once owned a survivor polara in 1998. I dont think they are there but I gotta ask around.
yes, you must, maybe find out where it is

Back