How to make a c-body "sporty"?

I went the the low key approach, inside I added a tuff wheel, a 440, TTI exhaust, firm feel stage 2 box, bigger torsion bars. I will be adding the firm feel sway bars later. Year One 17x8 rallyes, 255/50R17 on the front, 275/50r17 on the rear. This gives as much sidewall as I could, and on the C-body, it changes the look.

IMG_4989.JPG

IMG_4867.JPG

TTI exhaust, firm feel stage 2 box, bigger torsion bars. I will be adding the firm feel sway bars later.
When you add the sway bars, take some pics of mounting the rear bar. There seems to be a problem with the TTI pipes and the rear sway bar, but no one (that we know of) has tried it and documented the issue, if indeed there is an issue.

Nice car too! I like the look of the wheels.

I’ve made mine a alittle sportier. Rebuilt the entire front suspension from Rare Parts, new TRW upper and lower ball joints, inner outer tie rods, pitman arm, freshly powered coated upper and lower control arms new bushings, KYB shocks, converted front to OEM disc brake spindles with rebuilt original wide mouth single piston calipers, installed the larger big dawg 11.75 rotors. New mopar bendix power booster with dual res master cylinder and combo valve. Rebuilt rear drum brakes with new original parts from Craig’s mobile parts. Added flowmasters dual exhaust, fresh rebuilt 383 with a 4 barrel Eddie. Tight rebuilt steering gear box from Steer and Gear, sporty grant steering wheel and some mopar rallye wheels with American classic radials to top it off. I’m happy with her, drives fantastic now. Think the only other thing I’ll do is lower the car a couple inches to improve the stance and rebuild the rear leaf springs and that’s it. I’m enjoying my smiles per gallon.

AB96F287-ED64-43A4-8C40-DC9554FDC813.jpeg

7CCACDE1-AADF-4E2F-B1B0-3BE68A7BA902.jpeg

7D6868A3-D72F-414B-877E-1B862CF69F5A.jpeg

D84BE1C3-4BD1-4127-8FAD-E3632B308724.jpeg

1.12 bars, kyb's, Atturo 17" performance SUV tires, 2 turbos, one overdrive...
It's still a slow, wallowing mess. Embarrasses itself compared to my hellcat Charger.

Now that I have the stage 2 power steering box from Firmfeel I'm very happy. My sweet Alvah handles very flat and confident, and it's a lot of fun to go zipping around tight corners!

Is it sporty? It doesn't corner as well as a $5,000 clapped out Corvette, but it handles so much better than it ever did in it's life!

.. Think the only other thing I’ll do is lower the car a couple inches to improve the stance and rebuild the rear leaf springs and that’s it. ...

View attachment 557192
NO!
Don't change the stance - it's perfect for the car's character with those semi-wide whitewalls. If anything, raise the front 1/2" to level it ever-so-slightly. (the back is fine).
Trying to lower it will make it look like something it isn't, and that IMO often spoils the presence of the whole car.

NO!
Don't change the stance - it's perfect for the car's character with those semi-wide whitewalls. If anything, raise the front 1/2" to level it ever-so-slightly. (the back is fine).
Trying to lower it will make it look like something it isn't, and that IMO often spoils the presence of the whole car.
Yeah on second thought, I think your right. Growing fond of the way she looks now.

Back