Howdy Folks

Idaho Bob

Reaction score
Howdy Folks,

I’ve been reading all the great stuff on this forum for a few days and decided to join. Why? I picked up a ‘67 Imperial Crown Coupe at an estate sale a few weeks ago. It was parked in a barn in Challis, Idaho sometime around 1980. All the parts are there, minimal surface rust, no mice. Just needed a master cylinder and a cooling system flush to get it back on the road. It runs and drives fine; like floating on a cloud.

Now the real work begins fixing the 50 little problems; power windows, leaky brakes, turn signals, etc. I’m sure that many of you have been where I’m at now, and I look forward to your advice and wisdom.

Sincerely,

Idaho Bob

6735E277-670C-44F2-BAAE-8E394225DB48.jpeg

Thank you LocuMob. I get back to your area quite a bit. In-laws live in Jackson county. I’ve hauled a few old tractors, implements, and walnut logs back to Idaho over the years.

Thank you LocuMob. I get back to your area quite a bit. In-laws live in Jackson county. I’ve hauled a few old tractors, implements, and walnut logs back to Idaho over the years.
Come to think about it, just about every time I've been in your state, I've brought another vehicle home.

I’m amazed at the condition of this car after sitting for 40+ years. Now I’m wondering why they parked it.

Ahhh, Challis. In the middle of the state with nothing around it. Beautiful, peaceful place.

Thank you gentlemen. I have only had a few hours to spare working on the old gal. Replaced the rear brake cylinders and shoes, replaced right front caliper with one that I got from GTX Won, put on new tires, and replaced a few bulbs. The more I drive it the less it leaks.

Unfortunately, like most previously unspoiled places, Idaho is getting crowded.

Welcome from Boise ! Nice looking Crown . Lets see more pics!
In case you didn’t know one of the best Mopar engine builders in the country is right there in Challis. Jim Laroy and his son have competed in several Engine Masters competitions.

Thanks for the advice. I haven’t checked to see if the engine may be original. The car has 133 K on it, but appears to have been well maintained. I haven’t had a look under the heads yet either. Runs smoothly after I put the #7 plug wire on. I’ll certainly consider Mr. Laroy if the need arises.

Back