Huge, HUGE (!) Dilemma... - 72 Imp Coupe near me

Status
Not open for further replies.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
But it's a total rusted out major POS! :cussing::yuk::cry:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1972...Cars_Trucks&hash=item2c6898bd4b#ht_500wt_1182

2mr7gj9.jpg

Ya, that one need too much work. It's a great parts car.

Do you want a project Stan? You said yourself you still have 10 years

I bet he saw the 73 Imp coupe that one of our members recently purchased. Saw what he paid, and figured he could get the same coin. It does have comparable rust to the 73, but it doesn't have a fresh engine, exhaust, brakes etc.

You would probably have to send that car to Chris in Az to get all that rust fixed. That'll probably knock a couple of years off the restoration.

I understand Chris is back logged beyond my life span.

Actually, there's a thought. I'll beg to let me jump the line and when it comes time to pay for it, I'll be dead.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For what it's worth, I tossed a $500 opening bid on it.
I immediately got outbid by a zero feedback bidder.

images

Last edited:
I used to do bodywork at a German dealership. I'd love to spend a couple of years in a newly built Fla. garage, just throw a couple of hamburgers in and a case of Dr. Pepper from time to time. :)

I used to do bodywork at a German dealership. I'd love to spend a couple of years in a newly built Fla. garage, just throw a couple of hamburgers in and a case of Dr. Pepper from time to time. :)

Come to papa...:hug:
We have something way better than Dr. Pepper down here.
dj-cheerwine-articleInline-v2.jpg

LOL. Had to look that Cheerwine thing up, never heard of it. Probably takes another 100 years to make it to Germany; thinking about it, I should switch to become an importer for this stuff. Pack me up one truckload for starters.:)

I suppose I could yank the drive train to put it into a B-body, throw a SBC in there, and derby it.......

(Sent using Forum Runner)

I bet he saw the 73 Imp coupe that one of our members recently purchased. Saw what he paid, and figured he could get the same coin. It does have comparable rust to the 73, but it doesn't have a fresh engine, exhaust, brakes etc.
Nope, that POS is in WAY better shape than the POS that I just bought. F me. ;)

He should ask way more than that for it.

Stop it! Yours has that gorgeous white interior, oh that's right that's gone in the dumpster :confused2:

I truly fear the fate that awaits that poor Imp in the hands of the next owner. I see no good coming from this auction...

Nope, that POS is in WAY better shape than the POS that I just bought. F me. ;)

He should ask way more than that for it.

The bid is less than $900. Maybe you can get that one and use the red one for parts.

It bothers me a '72 coupe is literally days away from being potentially ruined forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back