I can't figure out market value any more.

Mr. C, I wouldn't insult you by asking you what your Imp collection is worth,
Each one of them alone is priceless, let alone three of them.
The three of them together as a set. More than priceless X 3. You have a case where the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.

Thanks, Commando. Honestly, by studying, the "market", I figure my cars are "worth" @ 5000 each. That's all that people are willing to pay out there. They are worth more to me, as I grew up with these cars around and they are my time machines, taking me back to hanging around with the hood open shooting the breeze and learning how things worked...I sometimes feel like my Dad is riding along with me. I fondly recall him driving my 4 door before he died.

Here's Dad's last car 75 Imperial LeBaron. I still have it, but it's a parts car now.

All clean now.jpg

If by chance that car gets parted out...........I would definitely be interested in the steering wheel and other parts.

If you want a steering wheel, pick up this 77 Daytona that a tree fell on. The leather wrap is not "correct" for your car, but you'd be hard pressed to get a better blue wheel. All you need to do is swap horn pads. Actually the interior should be saved from this car.

http://allentown.craigslist.org/cto/3431502205.html

I HAVE to ask, Mr. C, what's the real story on finding parts to do the rear disc brakes.
If anyone knows, it's obviously you.
Been told time after time you can't get them.

If you want a steering wheel, pick up this 77 Daytona that a tree fell on. The leather wrap is not "correct" for your car, but you'd be hard pressed to get a better blue wheel.
Holy crap, Bob. You can tell everyone you have a 1 of 1 Blue Salon steering wheel. Frank would want 800 bucks for that steering wheel if he got his hands on it. Plus he would clean it up and tell you it was NOS.
If that was Burgundy, I'd buy the whole car....

Last edited:
I HAVE to ask, Mr. C, what's the real story on finding parts to do the rear disc brakes.
If anyone knows, it's obviously you.
Been told time after time you can't get them.

It's just a matter of gathering up bits as you come across them.
Rotors are unavailable. I've collected used sets as spares that are still within spec.
Emergency brake shoes/ hardware are unavailable, shoes can be relined if good used replacements are not available. Hardware spring kits can be "made" by using pieces from drum kits...so it's do-able with some ingenuity.
Rear Calipers are the same as the front calipers used on F, M, J bodies, so very plentiful.
Rear pads from F, M, J cars are easily modified with a notch to work.
Rear hoses are unavailable, but by relocating the bracket that holds the steel line, front hoses can be put on the rear.

The 4 wheel disc Imperials are the best braking cars I've ever driven...well modulated with a real positive "stop" feel to them.
icon7.png

Rockford Imp brake.jpg

If you want a steering wheel, pick up this 77 Daytona that a tree fell on. The leather wrap is not "correct" for your car, but you'd be hard pressed to get a better blue wheel. All you need to do is swap horn pads. Actually the interior should be saved from this car.

http://allentown.craigslist.org/cto/3431502205.html

I had forgotten they had made these cars. What a shame about the tree. That interior is really very nice.

I wonder if something fitting among the plentiful European rear disc brake sets that came already into production in the early 60s with higher priced cars could be found, especially rotors.

Holy crap, Bob. You can tell everyone you have a 1 of 1 Blue Salon steering wheel. Frank would want 800 bucks for that steering wheel if he got his hands on it. Plus he would clean it up and tell you it was NOS.
If that was Burgundy, I'd buy the whole car....

That is a beautiful steering wheel! Will it work? I don't see the telescoping collar or the lever?

3K23Mb3Jc5Lf5G65M4cbo7ab2bcfc28eb1547.jpg

That is a beautiful steering wheel! Will it work? I don't see the telescoping collar or the lever?

3K23Mb3Jc5Lf5G65M4cbo7ab2bcfc28eb1547.jpg

That's because The Charger didn't have a tilt & telly that year. Tilt only.
But I could easily make it work. Have a machine shop mill the slot out IF it's not already there. Take off the horn cover. You'll see a slot. It's there, I bet!!

Thanks Stan, I'm going to try to call him today. That would look nice on my NY'er!!!

That's because The Charger didn't have a tilt & telly that year. Tilt only.
But I could easily make it work. Have a machine shop mill the slot out IF it's not already there. Take off the horn cover. You'll see a slot. It's there, I bet!!

Commando is right, the slot is there. They didn't change the wheel design between tilt/tele and tilt only applications.

I have no clue what my Newport is worth -not a clue... I know more than I bought it for!
Fusies and Slabs have stayed on track to what I am accustomed to with their market values. It's the Formals that defied logic the last year or two.
They will always remain the least popular and the least valued but their reflection of the entire C-body market is particularly more disjointed than ever.
Of course, this is in my eyes. WTF do I know in reality....

I'm going to Penn to get that steering wheel in the morning. It's 85 miles northeast of me.

Back