I can't figure out market value any more.

Thanks. I guess I'll figure out what the difference between a T&T and a tilt steering wheel is tomorrow.

For the lead on that wheel, you are eternally indebted to washing Mr. C's Chryslers weekly. Now find me a Burgundy one dammit.

(Sent using Forum Runner)

For the lead on that wheel, you are eternally indebted to washing Mr. C's Chryslers weekly. Now find me a Burgundy one dammit.

I have the steering wheel. It's in pretty good shape. It does have a few cracks around the horn pad but you can't really see them. It has the cutout for the telescoping lever. The only thing that possibly could be different is the splines and steering shaft diameter. I should have it on by next weekend if it fits. Possibly a 1 of 1.........

I told the seller to post it on FBBO. It's in good shape, has a 400 4bbl, power windows, aftermarket sunroof, no a/c, 100 amp charging system, interior is in good condition.

Aftermarket courtesy of an act of God...

Besides the Devine sunroof... someone put in an aftermarket flip up sunroof in it too. The hood and front header and almost all the chrome is in great shape.

You'll need a set of blue leather drivers gloves now to avoid further weardown of the steering wheel.

Last edited:
If you want a steering wheel, pick up this 77 Daytona that a tree fell on. The leather wrap is not "correct" for your car, but you'd be hard pressed to get a better blue wheel. All you need to do is swap horn pads. Actually the interior should be saved from this car.

http://allentown.craigslist.org/cto/3431502205.html

I need another car about as much as I need another ex-wife, but I'll bet if I showed those pictures to a buddy of mine who does body work, he'd tell me he could fix that for $2-3Gs. And paint it.

That is a beautiful steering wheel! Will it work? I don't see the telescoping collar or the lever?

3K23Mb3Jc5Lf5G65M4cbo7ab2bcfc28eb1547.jpg

No. The splines are different. That wheel will fit FMJ bodies as well as the Cordoba/Charger cars. NYB splines are unique to NYB.

No. The splines are different. That wheel will fit FMJ bodies as well as the Cordoba/Charger cars. NYB splines are unique to NYB.

If the splines truly ARE different, then that problem can be resolved. The spline hub of the wheel is only bead welded to the rest of the steering wheel. The welds can be ground off and the spline hub welded to the new steering wheel. I have done it. Took about 45 minutes.

11afhww.jpg

evb8tt.jpg

I'd like to add 1 more thing. Mitchell's has a NOS steering wheel for a Cordoba.
I checked it's part number with one for a New Yorker, and the P/N was the same.
So, I dunno....

Last edited:
I'll try the Charger steering wheel tommorrow. If it doesn't fit. I'll try to retrofit the hub.

BTW, I just checked my 78 parts catalog and the Cordoba/Charger steering wheel is PN# PO26 RB3 and my T&T NY'er steering wheel is PN# is P124 PB3. There's another blue steering wheel listed for a C body PN# PO22 RB5 which I think is a dark blue tilt only wheel. The damn parts catalog is so damn vague. PB3 is my trim color so I think my original steering wheel PN# is P124 PB3.

Last edited:
I still think your new wheel will pop right on but I'm not a betting man any more.

I have a few things to get done this morning and then onto the steering wheel. I'll let you know what the outcome is. None of the steering wheels that I have have any part numbers stamped on them. Maybe they had stickers.

I'm pretty sure all of the T&T wheels were P124 and then the 3 character color # (PB3 Blue).
The Salon wheels were definitely PO18 RR4 Red and PO18 RA3 Silver. The Blue Leather Charger wheel that I have is definitely PO26 RB3.

Back