I found something, its not great...

Thanks for the replies, it backs up my thoughts on value. The teal 1970 is way to far gone to save, so I'm relying on parts only. Nothing on the car is great, its either rusty or moist. I would try to salvage any interior parts and I'd keep the Cbody specific parts for myself. The Motor alone is worth $1500 up here as a bare core if it somewhat turns over by hand. I would keep the Manifolds with heat stove (thanks for the tip @fury fan) and air cleaner off the motor.
After making sure I was up to date on all my shots I would knock the car apart, there is just hardware and hopefully a couple goodies left. My number in my head is around the price of the motor and I think that is fair.
Its a shame as our climate here isn't forgiving on cars that sit open to the elements. The 1971 300 when I first found it was in decent shape, but 18 years has taken a toll. It's also a parts donor at this point. Its moldy in and out and has a lot of bondo and fiberglass throughout it.
The pics below are from 2004, I tried to buy this car for a few years but no sale. It was a 383HP, buckets/console, superlite, chrome front trim car. It disappeared in 2008, I assume it was scrapped. The pictures don't show the couple of inches of standing water in the car.

cib69monaco500.jpg
cib69monaco500a.jpg
cib69monaco500d.jpg

Last edited:
If someone ends up getting the red 71 300, assuming it is for sale, I would be willing to buy the body side trim off of it.

More info to come on this one, trying to arrange a trip to go see it in person.

**Update**
I chatted with the owner today, he has a few 1970/1971 Sport Fury's and has a 1971 Sport Suburban wagon in EV2 as well. The 1971 GT is missing its drivetrain, but the rest of it is there. It's originally GF8, with white vinyl top and a green interior. It doesn't sound like it is for sale, but I did arrange to go up once the snow has cleared to check out all his cars. I will get more pics of his collection at that time.

FB_IMG_1551589342188.jpg

Last edited:
A couple of teasers... He bought the three 1971 Sport Fury's as a package deal about five years back. The wagon he saved from the crusher after the drivetrain was ripped out of it.

FB_IMG_1551656738530.jpg

52774177_10155973727066105_4521595119433940992_n.jpg

53212804_10155973727221105_393109435955806208_n.jpg

Was thinking about your statement about him accepting Canadian tire money....must be over in the Mission are where that pub and beer/wine store will accept Canadian tire money at par!:thumbsup:

I think I recall that GT being for sale a number of years ago out in the Langley area.

The 300 is in Ladner area, and spent the last 32 years sitting dormant on the property as you see in the pics. I get the sentimental attachment to the car, but its almost beyond the point of being a decent parts donor.

The 71 SFGT is in the Central Interior area. It and the two 71's were bought from Alberta in 2014/2015. He sounds like he wants to fix it up, but the state of the rest of the cars on the property makes me believe it will become one with the earth before he starts working on it. Again a real shame, if it was for sale I would buy it and store it indoors until I was ready to work on it.
Its a 1970 Sport Satellite Wagon with a 383HP, again a not for sale car.

I understand the sentimental mind set, but I think I would rather let a car go to someone who will fix it and drive it, and know it is still out there bring enjoyment to another family and generation then allow it to waste away and become nothing but a memory.

I found this car originally about 15 years ago as I was driving past the property it was on. I inquired about it and it wasn't for sale. The guy told me his Mother bought it brand new, he drove it in High School and it was retired in 1988.
Since I now have a 1970 Chrysler 300, I figured I would drive past and see if it was still there. I stopped in and it is still around, though much less of it now. It is a Factory TNT car, FP6 with a white vinyl top and a black interior, power windows and power drivers seat. He might be willing to part with it now, but at this point its a parts donor only. The doors are seized shut, the roof is rotten, the firewall has many, many holes in it and the hood a separated from the bracing. It was running on propane for the last years of its life as well.
He did say he would be interested in doing a trade in parts to help his sons 1974 Swinger project along. I don't see a whole lot of money in parts, its more the nuts and bolts things for my car as a just in case. Any ideas on fair market on it in CAD? Hopefully he will accept Canadian Tire money as partial payment.

View attachment 263962

View attachment 263963

View attachment 263964

View attachment 263965
that's stripe I have never seen before.....

I've never understood the disorganized namby-pamby outdoor junkyard theme for 'projects', where you leave your prized possessions strewn about like the wind did it. Takes minimal skill and resources to put things in a semi-organized manner.

Put the broken washing machines and lawnmowers in their own pile, the cars in their own area.

Back