I have a chance to buy a 71 Sport fury , it’s in rough shape.

Ya no kidding. It’s another RIP Rust In peace. I think I’m more bothered At how upset he got at me for what I thought was a very fare offer. Oh well at least I didn’t lose any money on it and I didn’t need another project . When it does finally come for sale I know where it is

upload_2018-9-8_20-47-16.png

What means the B in the B21023 code....?

But it has a Y14 code ….sold car , Y16 is a sales bank car.

C is a Canadian car IIFC B is a Sales Bank car? @69CoronetRT will know on this one lol....

1971 saw the introduction of the U-C-I designation on fender tags to indicate the, supposed, origination of the order or destination of sale; the US, Canada or International. (It is not unusual to see cars ordered by servicemen when they were overseas to actually be delivered in the US. They will code "I" but the car never actually left the states.

VON assignment change a little for 1971 but "B" indicates a car destined to be sold in Canada.

The Jefferson plant did not use the U-C-I designation so the only way to know a Chrysler or Imperial was built for sale in Canada is by the B VON.

71_B_VON_800.jpg

Last edited:
1971 saw the introduction of the U-C-I designation on fender tags to indicate the, supposed, origination of the order or destination of sale; the US, Canada or International. (It is not unusual to see cars ordered by servicemen when they were overseas to actually be delivered in the US. They will code "I" but the car never actually left the states.

VON assignment change a little for 1971 but "B" indicates a car destined to be sold in Canada.

The Jefferson plant did not use the U-C-I designation for MY 1971 so the only way to know a '71 Chrysler or Imperial was built for sale in Canada is by the B VON.

View attachment 211816

I knew you would have the skinny on it thanks!

The Jefferson plant did not use the U-C-I designation so the only way to know a Chrysler or Imperial was built for sale in Canada is by the B VON.

View attachment 211816

Thank you Doug for sharing your wealth of information. I always learn something new when I read your posts.

:thumbsup:

Mario

So why hasn't he then??? Some people :rolleyes:
He wanted eight grand for that rusted clunker? I think you'd have been crazy to buy it at any price, fixing a rusted unibody is just huge. You would CRY if I told you what all I sold two years ago - a 1970 Sport Fury nearly rust free with a drag strip car driveline, new new new parts galore... took me and the buyer a couple hours to load up all the stuff in his car hauler. I won't even say what I took for it. You'd cry and I might too. :) But at the time I needed it gone and my only other real option was to try loading the whole works up in a big truck / trailer, driving to a Mopar show and hoping I could sell it. Just didn't have the time for that.

That was the second Sport Fury I lost a bunch of money on. The first was a 1971 GT which I had to sell when I moved and couldn't bring it along with me. That car I am told is still in existence; I converted it to a 4 speed. It worked out but IMO a big waste of time and money.

He wanted eight grand for that rusted clunker? I think you'd have been crazy to buy it at any price, fixing a rusted unibody is just huge. You would CRY if I told you what all I sold two years ago - a 1970 Sport Fury nearly rust free with a drag strip car driveline, new new new parts galore... took me and the buyer a couple hours to load up all the stuff in his car hauler. I won't even say what I took for it. You'd cry and I might too. :) But at the time I needed it gone and my only other real option was to try loading the whole works up in a big truck / trailer, driving to a Mopar show and hoping I could sell it. Just didn't have the time for that.

sometimes we gotta do what we gotta do......

That was the second Sport Fury I lost a bunch of money on. The first was a 1971 GT which I had to sell when I moved and couldn't bring it along with me. That car I am told is still in existence; I converted it to a 4 speed. It worked out but IMO a big waste of time and money.

Any pic,s of that 4spd GT...…?

Back