I need a car cover for my 1967 Polara Convertible. Any Recommendations?

Land Shark

Reaction score
I need a car cover for my 1967 Polara convertible. Does anyone have any recommendations for brand and exact size? I've got to move my car out of my garage for a couple months while I work on another project and would like to put a cover over it to help protect it. I'm hoping to find something around $100. Let me know your recommendations.

On a side note- I had the car for sale on eBay a couple times and every winning bigger failed to pay so I am just going to keep it for now.

018.jpg

018.jpg

I bought a "Wolf" car cover for my 68 T/C wagon....I have had the cover for about 5 years now, and recently the car has been outside for several months now with no issues. I got it off E-bay for about $100, But it is for a Ford Excursion...since the custom cut one would have been $300+.

FYI, the Ironshield I posted is 100% waterproof.

But will it breath? The moisture that get sunder the cover...and it does...will the cover allow it the moisture to pass through?

My Wolf cover will allow the car to dry out under the cover, at the same time not allowing any moisture to come through from the top.

But will it breath? The moisture that get sunder the cover...and it does...will the cover allow it the moisture to pass through?

My Wolf cover will allow the car to dry out under the cover, at the same time not allowing any moisture to come through from the top.

Yes, two major vents front and rear and no moisture will get inside.

irontuff_car_2.jpg

iron_car_03.jpg

iron_car_05.jpg

• Heavy Duty Leatherette vinyl with the look and feel of genuine leather
  • Extremely soft fleece lining to protect fine automotive finishes
  • 100% Waterproof fabric with air vent on top
  • Tie down strap and buckle attached, with strap pocket built into cover for easy storage
  • Protects finish and interior from fading & cracking
  • Ultrasonic welding seals seams and keeps water out
  • Ideal for indoor and outdoor use
  • Comes in pouch for compact storage
  • Color: Dark Gray

Once tried 2 from eBay but they fell apart in under a year. Started to turn to powder. I now use two Ultraweave by California Car Cover but they are in the $300 range. However, they do last.

California Car Cover is the way to go. I've bought a bunch of them over the years. I had a couple covers that were over 20 years old and still in good shape.

Once tried 2 from eBay but they fell apart in under a year. Started to turn to powder. I now use two Ultraweave by California Car Cover but they are in the $300 range. However, they do last.

California Car Cover is the way to go. I've bought a bunch of them over the years. I had a couple covers that were over 20 years old and still in good shape.

Were those vehicles stored outside?

Outside off and on for the 20 year old cover. Probably at least five years straight outside. That's in Syracuse weather and they weren't their premium outdoor covers either.

It really depends on what you buy. The last cover I bought for the 300 is only going to see indoor use, so it will last forever. The one before that was for my Corvette and that saw a lot of time outdoors. The last I saw it (it went with the car) it was still in really great shape, although the sun had faded the blue a bit. That cover was close to 10 years old.

Outside off and on for the 20 year old cover. Probably at least five years straight outside. That's in Syracuse weather and they weren't their premium outdoor covers either.

It really depends on what you buy. The last cover I bought for the 300 is only going to see indoor use, so it will last forever. The one before that was for my Corvette and that saw a lot of time outdoors. The last I saw it (it went with the car) it was still in really great shape, although the sun had faded the blue a bit. That cover was close to 10 years old.

Which model car cover did you use for the 5 year outdoor car?

They only had a couple types back then and I can't tell you what it compares to now. Possibly their "soft weave" is about the same. It was a single layer cotton blend.

They only had a couple types back then and I can't tell you what it compares to now. Possibly their "soft weave" is about the same. It was a single layer cotton blend.

I'll check it out. Thanks.

Back