I need to get the 300 rolling by Christmas.

Zymurgy

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I was having a bad Monday, nothing seemed to go right, so I decided to got talk to an upholsterer. This guy is my first choice because he can do it all, including my top. He does great work and will only use good quality materials. I have had him do some small jobs for me and always felt he was fair in his price too.

He is going to do all the interior vinyl seats, panels and doors, new carpet. He is going to die all the plastic and clear it, including removing the windshield to do the dash the right way. He is going to repair the bow in the top frame and install a new top and make a new boot.

He gave me a great price and it was honestly what I thought I might have in the interior alone.:eek:s_dancing2:

He has an opening the last week in December, and said it would take about 2 weeks. Not that I had my own desire to get it on the road by then but this is some added incentive.

Nice, If you have seen his work, know what he can do and are comfortable with his price than jump on it.

I was having a bad Monday, nothing seemed to go right, so I decided to got talk to an upholsterer. This guy is my first choice because he can do it all, including my top. He does great work and will only use good quality materials. I have had him do some small jobs for me and always felt he was fair in his price too.

He is going to do all the interior vinyl seats, panels and doors, new carpet. He is going to die all the plastic and clear it, including removing the windshield to do the dash the right way. He is going to repair the bow in the top frame and install a new top and make a new boot.

He gave me a great price and it was honestly what I thought I might have in the interior alone.:eek:s_dancing2:

He has an opening the last week in December, and said it would take about 2 weeks. Not that I had my own desire to get it on the road by then but this is some added incentive.

Great! I can't wait to see it done. Need lots of before and after interior pictures.

Wow, you are not messing around. I love it.

You gonna drive that car in Ohio this winter?

No way! I wouldn't even think about it with all the snow you get in Ohio.

Crap!!! All you guys going gung ho with your projects is making me feel absolutely snailish.

(Sent using Forum Runner)

Crap!!! All you guys going gung ho with your projects is making me feel
absolutely snailish.

(Sent using Forum Runner)

Unless you're starting a new project............I don't think anything needs to be done on your NY'er.

I'm dreaming of a green Christmas this year. With no salt on the roads though the middle of January. I think I'm definitely dreaming.

Are you planning to paint the car? If so, I would wait on the interior and top until that is done. If not, the body shop will wreck your fresh interior and top.

Are you planning to paint the car? If so, I would wait on the interior and top until that is done. If not, the body shop will wreck your fresh interior and top.

I was thinking of that. I will be doing all the work myself except maybe a couple of body work areas and those will still be done under my supervision in my shop.

I know this is backwords, but my door jams are in great shape so it will be more of a respray job. It may also not be done until next winter.

I know this is backwords, but my door jams are in great shape so it will be more of a respray job. It may also not be done until next winter.
Don't do it. 10 years from now you'll be really happy that you sacrificed your overwhelming desire to drive the car now & opted for the greater long term good.

I'm rethinking a little bit now that I'm past the initial excitement . I have some work to do at my shop, I thought I might go ahead and do the interior now when I needed the room in my shop. It might be tuff to get everything done before Christmas. I have a couple of power windows to get working and a door repair that would need to be pounded out from the inside. Obviously the extra oops Factor I would have to worry about if I sprayed the car before.

I was my thought that I could live with the current paint and body but not the interior. Everything always takes longer than I think but I don't want take a short cut just to finish something.

You aint gonna drive that beautiful car in the salt anyway so you might as well step back & let cooler heads prevail.

Boy do I wish I could start over on my Challenger build. Everything that I hurried on I regret doing so & some stuff is coming back off the car.

Think big picture.

I like the unrestored type best and can live with a used yet untorn interior. I'd rather pass on a car if the interior's not right. If you'll have it completely redone the exterior will most definitely no longer "fit" to your eye. If you're not going to a repaint a better used interior may be considered, no idea though if this can be found in the right color.

I was thinking of that. I will be doing all the work myself except maybe a couple of body work areas and those will still be done under my supervision in my shop.

I bet the brakes and other mechanical repairs can keep you busy until Christmas.

Back