I pulled the trigger on 2019 Scat Pack Charger

20190423_112036.jpg

This Scat Pack Charger has all that safety crap on it. Lane departure, active braking, reactive cruise control. I do like the automatic high beam and rain sense wiper features. Not a big fan of the other stuff ( had all of that on my 300 and turned it off).

This Scat Pack Charger has all that safety crap on it. Lane departure, active braking, reactive cruise control. I do like the automatic high beam and rain sense wiper features. Not a big fan of the other stuff ( had all of that on my 300 and turned it off).
I really don't like the rain sense. It just doesn't wipe at the interval I prefer, so I shut mine off to use the regular intermittent feature.

Does that mean you are testing the launch control on the way out of the lot?

I could......

I need to school myself on it a bit more. It's a little more than pushing a button to get the line lock and the trans brake launch function to work correctly. I'll have to practice a few times on a quiet country road somewhere to get my skills up to speed.

I really don't like the rain sense. It just doesn't wipe at the interval I prefer, so I shut mine off to use the regular intermittent feature.

Sometimes my 300 wipers would go nuts with minimal rain.

reactive cruise control
Worst thing ever put in a vehicle. Long lines of cars following one A-hole at the front. You actually have to pay more attention or you end up driving 57mph in a 70 zone.
. Lane departure
Scary IMHO. My BIL in a loaner Range Rover (because his is in the shop, go figure). He had person in the lane next to him start coming over, and lane departure was trying to keep him in lane off shoulder/break down lane for Stan. Spooked him enough that he called dealer, and they walked him through turning it off.

Damn "owners manuals" look like the Manhattan phone directory now...
Two years this month on the Lincoln and I discovered another feature this morning... :realcrazy:

Scour the forums for your respective new vehicles for hacks to tun on and off ****.
Open door.
Close door.
Turn IGN to ON twelve times.
Wait for turn signal indicators to flash four times.
Tap brake pedal two times and hold down the third time.
Turn instrument panel lamps to OFF.
Scratch your balls 3 times... :realcrazy:

Damn "owners manuals" look like the Manhattan phone directory now...
Two years this month on the Lincoln and I discovered another feature this morning... :realcrazy:

Scour the forums for your respective new vehicles for hacks to tun on and off ****.
Open door.
Close door.
Turn IGN to ON twelve times.
Wait for turn signal indicators to flash four times.
Tap brake pedal two times and hold down the third time.
Turn instrument panel lamps to OFF.
Scratch your balls 3 times... :realcrazy:

No paper owners manual. Either on the car computer screen or home computer screen.

Thanks Millenials!!!!!

:mob:

Thank you. Now you won't look like "one of those type of guys". :poke:

I was worried about the road dirt and grime getting between the yellow guards and the splitter and abrasively damaging the paint on the splitter.

Back