I pulled the trigger on 2019 Scat Pack Charger

wide1.jpg
wide2.jpg
I like it

Ohhhh, so you are saying the wide body Challenger already in production and on the street is a Camaro????

Lol

I wasn't sure if I liked them, leaning towards no but couldn't put my finger on why. My wife pointed out they look like a Camaro...Bingo!

I wasn't sure if I liked them, leaning towards no but couldn't put my finger on why. My wife pointed out they look like a Camaro...Bingo!

My opinion is that these are not wide-body, but regular with tacked on flares. Wide-body to me is more the way Ford treated the Raptor with a wider fender.

2018-ford-f-150-10_1600x0w.jpg

vs.

2017-ford-f-150-raptor-6_1600x0w.jpg

ALL 2020 Hellcat Chargers are wide body. No skinny Hellcat Chargers for 2020.

Last edited:
The Camaros copied the Challengers/Chargers, not the other way around. Camaro had to do something to improve their sales to best the better selling Dodges, so they copied the better selling Challengers and Chargers. Both the Challenger and Charger wide bodies look great to my eyes. And we will see how the public responds. FCA knows what they are doing. While other passenger cars are getting wiped out, the Dodges just keep motoring on in sales. Similar story with Jeep. And I would wager that the RAM Trucks will find something similar to compete with the Ford Raptor that is an aspirational vehicle in their lineup in the not too distant future as well. And let the Silverado continue to eat RAMs dust, as the Chevrolet Silverado is now in third place, and RAM is in second place. RAMs sights are on Ford, not the also ran Chevrolets with their never ending chintzy interiors and lack of features and goofy looks.

AADvZAq.jpg

Last edited:
Back