I wanna air ride my 66 NY

Very nice read. That Edsel cruised Pennsylvania roads for a few years before I sold it for a profit. As far as those mini truckers that was me too. I had an air ride s10 back in the mid to late nineties. V8 swapped too. I went on in my previous post because it’s my car and I will chop it in half and burn it to the ground if I want. I hate when people pull the holier than thou purist stuff. Keep your car stock if you want. I can appreciate that but don’t **** on somebody else because it doesn’t fit into your tastes.

I think it's important to have the correct hair cut, clothing and shoes if you're going to make the scene in a low-low. I don't have that kind of time for accessorizing.

Bagging is a negative in any sense related to the mechanical. It's just (supposedly) an appearance enhancement. I don't care what turns people's cranks... I don't like every style of art or architecture either. I don't burn down McMansions because I think they're tasteless.

Nor do I get into the idea of making something less functional... especially on a make that was designed with superior handling in mind. As a result, it's definitely not as easy to come back from this silliness than a car with coils.

3hfbgb.jpg

Ummm,can't you just turn down the torsion bars if you want to go low?

That makes your ride an ill handling POS and makes it a pain to put right again.

One of those Ridetech systems is a cake and eat it too scenario albeit for a boatload of cash.

I've seen their 66 Chevelle on an autocross course at a Goodguys show. A Chevelle is a long way down the list of platforms you would choose for that particular discipline and it made it look like driving around town. 40-41 second laps as I recall.

They had a 68 Bonneville there too that was no slouch either. Tracked flat like it was on rails.

You have complete control of the suspension. Like it in the weeds? Push the button that says Weeds. Corner carving? There's a button for that too.
Stock ride height with limo ride but still handles properly? Got that covered too with their complete system which includes sway bars, 4 link rear etc.

Of course like all aftermarket companies, their tailor made Mopar selection is sketchy at best.

Kevin

It's become quite clear that your in the wrong site. Not likely to win any admirers here.
My advise.... go somewhere else..... And bag it!

I would follow your bag it post just to see how it would be done.
These guys are pretty helpful once you get through the outer layer of crust.
The knowledge here is second to none.
I’m going to go get some popcorn and watch.

Don’t worry it’ll earn the trophies. No need to give it to me lol

Gerst makes a coilover suspension swap for A, B, and E-bodies, plus '61-'71 Dodge D100 trucks. You can order the kit, minus the coilovers, so you can easily bag this assembly. If I had the bucks, I'd do this to my truck in a heartbeat! This eliminates the torsion bar system in those cars, and the buggy springs on the trucks. You might inquire to them to see if they can help you in your quest to bag the Chrysler.

Products | Gerst Tubular Suspensions

Bagging a car doesn't bother me in the least. It's a pretty severe (and permanent!) mod on any Chrysler product. Yeah, there are a few "old farts" on here that don't like to see what you want to do on your car. Other than cranking down the torsion bars and using rear spring/axle spacers, there isn't a ready-to-install kit, like there is for so many other COIL-SPRING vehicles. Keep that in mind. Best of luck to you @Sbailor. I'd love to see the process of your build, once you commit to the job.

Last edited:
Back