I went 151.24mph today

I also did a ride along where it looked like he was running 6000rpm. The g force was pulling me a little then. Hard when you don't have the wheel to hold onto.

We were a little short of the pros 9000rpm :wideyed:
I can't imagine 500 mi at that kind of speed

I bought my 23 yr old nephew a 24 minute gift certificate today. He will run at Chicagoland too. He lives in Hartford, Wisconsin and is a Nascar fan. He drives a Super Bee class at Slinger Speedway and a couple other tracks in Wisconsin and Illinois.

FB_IMG_1601155116555.jpg

You bought one for Joliet? I would call them tomorrow to verify, they told us they were done at that site yesterday. There's no 2021 race there either.

I would highly recommend doing this to anyone who likes to drive fast. I would check around a little as there are other programs available. Petty is the highest profile one but they use composet body cars purpose built for their use, whereas most others use retired NASCAR race cars. Almost all use Chevy crate engines producing around 450 HP. The best way to judge lap speeds is to know the lap times. Hate to put a pin in any ones balloon, but The Petty programs an additional 16% speed factor into their timing equipment.

In 1998 Ned and Dale Jarrett partnered with Brett Favre and formed the Jarrrett/Farve driving adventure. It was headquartered in Denver NC in a industrial park where I had a shop. I had sold my business and they approached me to drive their transporter for them. I worked that job for 3+ years. They were the first driving adventure to develop a program to run at the Talladega Superspeedway. Man.... do I have some stories about those times.
I had the opportunities to drive on several tracks including Bristol, Darlington, and most of the cookie cutter tracks. At Talladega, 2.66 mile tri oval, I turned a 52 second lap.

Scan_20201014.png

I think the company is still in business but under a different name now.

Last edited:
Back