I'm Back. Did you miss me?

RTCruiser

Reaction score
Central Coast of New South Wales, Australia
I've been away from the forums for a while but now back to see what is happening.

My New Yorker is still turning heads everywhere she goes and I've seen a lot more of them being brought into Australia. Here's some glamour shots and I'll try to post some more photos from recent car shows. Not that we see too many C-Bodies down under as most people go for the B-Body muscle cars

IMG_3412.JPG

IMG_3415.JPG

I've been away from the forums for a while but now back to see what is happening.

My New Yorker is still turning heads everywhere she goes and I've seen a lot more of them being brought into Australia. Here's some glamour shots and I'll try to post some more photos from recent car shows. Not that we see too many C-Bodies down under as most people go for the B-Body muscle cars

Good looking car, and your photography / technique is an art.

For those unfamiliar with Aussie Chryslers this is a 1981 (?) CM (model) Valiant Regal built from 1977-1981, the last 2 years under Mitsubishi ownership, Chrysler having to sell their overseas operations during that financial crisis. According to Wikipedia 16,500 CM's were made then vale Chrysler Australian derived vehicles.

For those unfamiliar with Aussie Chryslers this is a 1981 (?) CM (model) Valiant Regal built from 1977-1981, the last 2 years under Mitsubishi ownership, Chrysler having to sell their overseas operations during that financial crisis. According to Wikipedia 16,500 CM's were made then vale Chrysler Australian derived vehicles.
Close. Last of the CL model before it built November '77. The CL came out early 1978. Interestingly the Regal SE and New Yorker were both built in the same month and year and both were the top of the range in their respective markets. It gives a great comparison to how different our cars were before globalisation.

Did you wait for just the perfect foggy day. Those are cool pics.
Pure luck. We have a local breakfast car run where I am once a month. It starts around 7am and normally all over by 9am. Just happened to have the right conditions for two of these runs as I was leaving for them. The Suburb I live in is right next to a wetland reserve that creates the fog and makes it look like I'm miles from anywhere.

Google Maps.png

I did that back in 2014. Sent my 2014 Boss 335 GT Falcon to the Muscle Car and Corvette National (MCACN) show in Chicago. I could have stayed for 51 weeks with my Aussie registration then exported the car.
Shipped car in September - it arrived in November and left after the show finally arriving in Adelaide again in February.

All up cost approx. $16,000.

People loved the car, always thought it'd be good to drive it with a US club but I won't be spending that money again, have fun if you do.

Back