I'm sure this has been posted before.

AlVal74

Reaction score
hello all. Ok, I'm totally new to the c-bodies. I'm about to take possession of a 68 300 for a total resto. Cars in half decent shape for being 52 yrs old. The question i have is what other cars and years were parts the same? I started searching for 300 parts and not a whole lot comes up. So which other models had interchangeable parts (interior, engine bay, etc) thanks in advance!!

A hard question to answer. There is a lot of interchange with mechanical parts however once you get to the body and interior all bets are off. My recommendation would be to draft up a list of required parts and contact a reputable and knowledgeable vendor to confirm availability. I've had positive experience with Nigel at National Moparts
All New Products to Website, C Body
and also Murray Park has been a great help to me
Murray B. Park - Used and NOS Parts for Chrysler, Imperial, Dodge, Desoto, and Plymouth

In general, a lot there are a lot of interchanges between 67 & 68.

I think that the 68 dash pad was a one year only thing as they made slight changes from 67...at least that's the way it is between 67 & 68 Imperials.

A 67 dash will probably fit but not be correct.

I mean would a 68 imperial, New Yorker etc fit a 68 300? Or am I limited to 300 only? Same year, different model is what I'm gettin at

Newports, New Yorkers and 300s are all basically the same car, but with differing trim. The dash pad from any one of these cars will fit the other. The door panels, seats, etc. will exchange but they have different patterns. Mechanical parts will all interchange and for example the dash will work between the cars but will have different treatment on the bezels. Look through the pictures of cars on here and you will get an idea of similarities and differences between the models.

a 67 and a 68 imperial the engine ( kframe) and front end parts control arms brakes spindles will not fit a newport ,new yorker or 300

Gonna go all new front and rear suspension with the drum to disc brake conversion.

Back