Imperial Rotors

That makes no sense. Why would Chrysler waste time and money on making the 72 and 73 different?

If you check it out the both use Timken SET5 and SET3 bearings.
My 1973 Dodge Monaco had different wheel bearings than my 1972 Fury. In my experiences, 1969-1972 Spindles are the same, while 1973 is one-year only. Floating brake calipers are the same 1969-1973.

That makes no sense. Why would Chrysler waste time and money on making the 72 and 73 different?

If you check it out the both use Timken SET5 and SET3 bearings.
I am corrected. I don't know how I ended up with different outer bearing numbers earlier. I just went through my parts books and 72/73 are same bearing sets. Front Wheel Bearing Inner 1789755 Outer 1790241.

My 1973 Dodge Monaco had different wheel bearings than my 1972 Fury. In my experiences, 1969-1972 Spindles are the same, while 1973 is one-year only. Floating brake calipers are the same 1969-1973.
The Imperial is different than the other C-bodies. They share almost nothing with the other cars of the same years. 72 and 73 are the same. I have done the front brakes on both of mine and there are no differences between them.

Little update guys, about this Buick rotors question, I think this could work. This is test with Raybestos 5006R rotors. I have -72 spindles and K-H brakes from Murray Park, right side rotor is ok but left is done, inner surface is badly damaged. So, I ordered parts and let the show begin...
First measuring says only real concern is inner bearing, it's 5 millimetres outer than original. Now we need washer under new bearing, spindle have guide surface for bearing and fortunately there's room for washer and bearing. Seal will contact the washer so I thought I should glued the washer in place. 3M DP410 do the job, after gluing mild heating in 45-50 Celsius in one hour make glue much stronger than letting set in room temperature. Collar in dust shield must grind it down 2mm, other wise it will contact the rotor. I made new collar because it needs to be little bigger in diameter to fit with new rotor. Mopar Seal is little bigger than GM but there's no problem to get it into place. Rotor outer part what goes through the wheel is little smaller but there's paint anyway so no problem. I sandblasted rotors (not contact surface) and sprayed with zinc paint, paint manufacturer says paint will handle 500 Celsius!!... We will see that..
After installation ,I followed FSM instructions, I measured the surface run out and it's just under factory tolerance, 0.06 mm and 0.07mm, jeah, Chinese...
If question, I tried to help .
have a nice weekend,
m
Mika

View attachment 629324

View attachment 629325

View attachment 629326

View attachment 629327

View attachment 629328

View attachment 629329

View attachment 629330

View attachment 629331

View attachment 629332
Could you check what the Imperial wheel hub diameter is and what the Buick hub diameter is? I don't have either here to measure. Thanks.

Could you check what the Imperial wheel hub diameter is and what the Buick hub diameter is? I don't have either here to measure. Thanks.
A little difficult to measure but here you go, Buick first.. Imperial is bare metal, Buick with lite coat of zinc paint, hope this helps..

IMG20231218184214.jpg

IMG20231218183125.jpg

Back