interior colors opinion?

I thought about this one over the week, and met. purple on a fastop could be quite cool. I'm envisioning it with either Magnums, or chrome "moon" caps. I'd agree that unless they really "send" you, diamond pleats would add a 50's look, and might not work.

Interior colors? white is always classy, and black carpets/dash/headliner contrast it well. Carrying an exterior color to the interior is nice, but a tall order with tough-to-match purple. Purple piping might be a good compromise. Guess it depends on how dark the purple is too....

Hope these help - this sounds like a neat project, please keep us posted.

1. Go to a dodge dealer with PCP challengers in stock to visualize what they have done.

2. How about white headliner, with seats that have black inserts, and white backs, and surrounding material. Dash black as well as carpet.

My challenger is PCP with a Black interior

I have no intention of doing diamond pleats...so no worries...Im looking at the same original ribbed panel pattern the seats already have. Given that its so difficult to match the paint purple...and future fading...I think I'm going to leave the purple out of the upholstery and stick with either black or white.....But I'm leaning towards a black headliner, sail panels, upper seat housing thing, and kick panels. I think purple on the metal trim around the windows and a pillars. possibly purple on the dash, but I don't know how it would look in a satin finish. This purple is meant to shine with the pearl in it....so it may have to be a satin black dash.

unless I change all the purple inside to match the sapphire blue pearl in the roof....

well I decided to go ahead and paint the interior metal trim the same purple as the outside, black rear deck/seat panel and sail panels....most likely a black dash. The purple will be almost black inside the car, but will still give a little contrast against the black headliner without being obnoxious. I painted everything today and its gorgeous. Still debating on the upholstery, but if i do black door panels then im going to paint the armrest bases purple as well instead of replacing them. The chrome is shot on the originals. Thats the extent of the purple inside the car. Just enough to bring the body color in a little but not overpower anything.

I vote you go with white interior for the following reasons: 1) I completely agree with those who have already posted that white with purple really pops; it does! And 2) It won't be a problem to keep clean unless you drive it every day, eat in it, spill in it, and never clean it. Then, yes, in a couple of years you will have a mess with a white interior. However, if you take care of it, that won't happen. Back in the 70s we had a 72 Camaro with white interior and a 73 Road Runner with white interior and both were very nice, especially the Road Runner which was root beer brown with white stripes to match the white interior. Just like the purple and white combination mentioned above, it was gorgeous and really popped.

Back