International Space Station Flyby

WorkerBee

Reaction score
I saw the ISS last night and it's quite bright. I could make out the general shape of it even with my so-so eyesight. If anyone is interested, just click on the link Spaceweather.com's Simple Satellite Tracker: International Space Station, spy satellites, Hubble Space Telescope and enter your location (Enter) and look for the times for the "ISS".

INTERNATIONAL-SPACE-STATION.jpg

i think i just seen it go over the house. very bright and no blinking lights as a plane. if clear tomorrow night going to try again but about 45 minutes later.

It went by about 10:17pm EST, and my kids got to see it this time. It wasn't as good as Thursday. On Thursday it did a path right above me.
We're going to try it again at 11:50pm.

I haven't been there in a while, I used to go there all the time. Love checkin that thing out haulin *** across the sky as well as lookin for some of the others out there.

Thanks for that link. The last time I saw a satellite fly across the sky was in the mid-60's when into astronomy as a kid. Would lay on a lounge chair in the Maryland backyard watching the sky and saw Echo.

Have to take a look tonight
09:25:31 pm WSW 09:28:47 77° -3.9 (very bright)

This one I have used tracking ships in the past up and down the CA coast.
AIS Vessel Tracking - AIS Positions Maps | AIS Marine Traffic

Last edited:
I get an email for every day it is visible from my position It tells me what time to look, duration of the event, how many degrees above the horizon to initially look for it, the arc overhead, and where it'll disappear. It's been dead-nuts accurate every time!

Back