Introducing a 1970 300 TNT convertible

Stan, you need to keep up! @ayilar dropped some subtle hints about selling it, then the drive to Carlisle (or back) with @Ripinator at the wheel.

Well, @commando1 will tell you that I drove most of that trip and he'd be right -- but indeed, @LocuMob is right. FWIW, when I sell a car, I want whoever buys it to be thoroughly comfortable with and knowledgeable of what they are getting. For the former, there is nothing better than driving together halfway across the country to get a feel for the car. For the latter, that is one of the reasons why I document everything in threads (other reasons include saving the info in one convenient place, and helping others save time finding parts or seeing how things can be done).

:steering:

Last edited:
Thank you. This will likely be my last post about the TNT here, because I sold the car to @Ripinator a couple of weeks ago. He helped me buy it almost two years ago in spring 2021, and had told me that he'd have bought it on the spot if I had not. So I'd promised that if I ever trimmed the fleet, he would get first dibs. Several other members were interested, but a promise is a promise and those members understood when I told them of the impending change of ownership.

I am not going anywhere, though, and can now concentrate on my other C-bodies -- most immediately, my 1970 Polara 'verts. They are all undergoing restoration at the moment, and I hope to have them all three at Volo with @sixpkrt in June.

Here is photo of the TNT with Rip at the helm, right after we did it. The car is in good shape, thanks to @david hill, and is in good hands.

View attachment 590452
Wow, "As The FCBO Turns". I had no idea this was in the works, great catch @Ripinator. I would have jumped at the chance as well, probably the only one I would scrap my projects for.

I had no idea this was in the works, great catch @Ripinator. I would have jumped at the chance as well, probably the only one I would scrap my projects for.

Do not ye worry. I had gathered from your posts, after I bought the car, that you might be interested if I ever sold off the TNT. So did a few other members. The only reason why I did not publicize the sale ahead of time, is because of my promise to Rip that he'd have first go. I did tell a couple of people that the deal was going to go through, but they were folks who had made formal offers to buy it and so I wanted to let them know out of courtesy.

Do not ye worry. I had gathered from your posts, after I bought the car, that you might be interested if I ever sold off the TNT. So did a few other members. The only reason why I did not publicize the sale ahead of time, is because of my promise to Rip that he'd have first go. I did tell a couple of people that the deal was going to go through, but they were folks who had made formal offers to buy it and so I wanted to let them know out of courtesy.
Thanks, you are a man of your word. I knew I was a number of members behind in line, but no worries, I’ll just have to stalk @Ripinator now, lol. Hope to see more of this one now!

......the drive to Carlisle (or back) with @Ripinator at the wheel.

Good way to prime his pump!

I also arranged for a test drive to a promised buyer before my former 73 NYB went on the market.

Good to keep cars under the FCBO (or Dock) umbrella so they can be tracked. There's a whole other group of C-Bodies out there that still remain behind the curtain....

I was thinking of this when I typed that (somebody's modified it, though).

CnQ1QdpUEAEH8BE.jpg

Wow, "As The FCBO Turns". I had no idea this was in the works, great catch @Ripinator. I would have jumped at the chance as well, probably the only one I would scrap my projects for.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I planned to make an official announcement, but since I picked up the car, its been a busy time. Here are a few pictures from the Garage Mahal:

IMG_20230323_120632012_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230323_120916573_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230323_121037066_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230323_121054343_HDR.jpg

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I planned to make an official announcement, but since I picked up the car, its been a busy time. Here are a few pictures from the Garage Mahal:

View attachment 590527

View attachment 590528

View attachment 590529

View attachment 590530

To make room, I sold the Parts Car to a guy from Chicago. It is my hope to reduce the fleet to just these two cars. Therefore, my 73 Navajo is now for sale. I'll post an ad soon. Here's a couple more pics:

IMG_20230105_111222353_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230105_111244581_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220619_161613139_HDR.jpg

You need to get more shelves and boxes in there.
That's Old Mother Hubbard if I've ever seen it. :poke:

Love this car. You need a white one to complete the set. Are you bringing this one or the ‘66 to Carlisle?

I believe that vac. hose attaches to the underside of the air cleaner.

Thanks, David. I'll hafta check the FSM to see why vacuum is needed in the air cleaner. Maybe its associated with a flap in one of the snorkles to control air temperature during warmup.

Back